*This post is part of the SPLENDA® 365 SWEET SWAPS ™ blogger program*
I am always looking for ways to cut calories without “dieting”. For me, this means I am eating more fresh fruits and vegetables and sticking to drinks like water more often than not. That said, I am not one to skip my morning coffee or cut out sweet treats entirely. I’ve tried various sweeteners over the years and found a bit of an aftertaste associated with almost all of them with the exception of Splenda. When I am looking to cut back on sugar, Splenda is my first choice as a substitute.
I’ve had the chance to sample a variety of Splenda products, from the traditional yellow packets to new flavored items and even brown sugar. I am looking forward to making some sweet swaps in some of my favorite recipes. It’s surprising how many seemingly normal products contain sugar. Just today I was looking at my vanilla extract and noticed that it listed sugar as an ingredient! Experts recommend women consume no more than 6 teaspoons of added sugar a day, yet the average American eats 22 teaspoons daily. This shocking statistic seems less surprising to me now that I have started paying closer attention to my food labels. Sugar is everywhere!
Throughout 2014, SPLENDA® Brand is dishing out 365 ways to swap sugar for SPLENDA® Sweetener Products to save calories all year long. The Motherhood is teaming up with SPLENDA® Sweetener Products for this fun Twitter party to share SPLENDA® 365 SWEET SWAPS™ tips and recipes!
Twitter Party, March 4, 2014 at noon ET
Join us to hear recipes, tips and other simple lifestyle changes that can lead to big results over time!
- When: Tuesday, March 4 at noon ET/11 a.m. CT/9 a.m. PT
- Twtvite: Click here to RSVP!
- Hashtag: During the Twitter party, make sure to use the hashtag #SweetSwaps to be entered to win prizes!
- Prizes: Prizes will be randomly awarded to five participants who answer the trivia questions correctly. Each prize includes a $50 Visa Gift Card and an assortment of SPLENDA® Sweetener Products! Prizes limited to U.S. participants only.
- Hosts: @TheMotherhood, @TheMotherhood25, @CooperMunroe and @EmilyMcKhann
- I’ll be there too so don’t forget to chat with me @AndreaUpdyke and of course @Splenda
I hope you can make it over to the party tomorrow! I’d love to hear your favorite SPLENDA 365 SWEET SWAPS!
Disclosure: This post is part of the SPLENDA® 365 SWEET SWAPS ™ blogger program by McNeil Nutritionals, LLC. and The Motherhood, who sent me products and compensated me for my time. Opinions, experiences and photos shared here are my own, and I hope you enjoy them.
Want more? Here’s my Easy Banana Bread made with Splenda.