Things are really starting to get rolling with Klout for Dummies. I am working out a writing schedule and trying to stay above water. Quite honestly for the past couple of weeks, I have felt like I was drowning. There have been a lot of questions racing around in my mind while I am supposed to be sleeping. Questions like, why am I doing this? What was I thinking? Am I a bad mom? and the like.
These questions are to be expected I suppose, because I am the ultimate over-thinker and I know this about myself. Still, I have to constantly be reminded that the order of events that took place to get me here was no accident. I don’t really know the whys of it all, but I know I am where I should be. The trick is remembering this when I have to drag myself out of bed at 5am.
My new normal for this season is early nights, early mornings and lots of prioritizing. I am ok with it ultimately, yet still resisting the change in routine. I told Jerry that I will need extra compliments in the following months and I have Mama on speed dial. Between the two of them I think I can do this. I mean, I can do this.
It’s an exciting time for sure. When I have a minute to sit back and take it all in, I still can’t believe this is my life. In the coming weeks I plan to mainline the coffee and hopefully make lots of progress on my very first book!
Things I have learned so far:
- I must always have coffee within arms reach. And candy corn. It is no longer relegated to mornings.
- Getting up at 5am isn’t so bad as long as I go to bed before 10pm the night before.
- I have to find a way to shut off. So far my mind has been racing 24/7. This is actually the opposite of productive because without rest I can’t actually catch any of those thoughts.
- Something has to give. Another toughie because I don’t know exactly what I can let go of. I imagine that the thing that “gives” will change based on need and I am okay with that.
- There is always time for Gossip Girl. This is the last season and I have no intention of missing a single episode.
I am sure I will learn more as the weeks pass, but for now I am settling in for the long haul.