I bent over to unload the dryer after starting the dishwasher, loading/starting the washing machine and carting our dirty clothes out to the kitchen, again. I started to think, man I can’t believe it’s time to do this again already. And immediately heard a friend’s voice echo in my mind, you won’t believe how much laundry you do when you have kids….and as I watched my virtual self start to take the path of complaint I decided to back that train up and remind myself of just how much I love this job. And why.
And because I love lists, I decided to write it down. So here is my incomplete list of why I love being a Stay at home Mom (in no particular order)
- The Schedule is MINE to make – sure sometimes there are appointments, but even I scheduled those. I am the only one to blame for poor scheduling, which means, I don’t get mad as often.
- I love watching my son grow (and grow and grow) – This one is a luxury that I don’t take for granted. I feel so blessed that I get to enjoy these moments and I wouldn’t trade it for all the money in the world.
- We get to enjoy our City. I can’t tell you how many times I would drive by places and see people out in the middle of the day and just dream of what it might be like to do your grocery shopping during daylight. Now I know what it’s like. And I likes what I knows.
- Maybe today I don’t want to wear pants? No further explanation necessary.
- Knowing what we will have for dinner before 6pm. – This part takes some planning, but is SO worth it!
- Sitting on the back steps drinking my morning coffee. MMM
- Taking care of my family! I DO treat it like a job, simply because it is my calling. There is no higher purpose for me than to be the best wife and mama I can be. Others will surely do it better. But this family is all mine and I love em.
It can be all too easy to stare down at that dirty floor/laundry/dishes and get on the complain train. Today, we’re skipping it. How about you?