For the past week, I have been sharing my goals and my ideas for getting organized. I talk a pretty good game, but this is it, folks. Today is Monday and it’s go time. Vacation is over. Christmas is over. Oscar goes back to school today, and I will tell you this, my floor isn’t going to mop itself.
I chose today as the first day in my binder’s meal plan to give myself a chance to get used to the idea of having it. If you are curious about what’s on the docket for today, here you go! I won’t do this every day, but I thought it might be nice to get an idea of how things will actually work.
Feel free to check in with me later and keep me honest!
This is a really easy meal and one of our go-to’s as a family. In as much time as it takes to cook your noodles, the meal is done.
- 1 box Pasta, we use angel hair
- 1 jar Classico Sun Dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce
- Red Peppers and Onions to taste
- Texas Toast, optional
- Salad, optional
- Boil water and add pasta according to instructions
- Cut up chicken into pieces and cook in a pan with olive oil
- Add sliced red peppers (and onions if you want) once chicken is cooked and cover
- Once veggies are cooked, add a jar of Classico Sun Dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce and let simmer
- Rinse pasta and add sauce!
We live and breathe by Texas Toast in our home, but add any bread and even a salad and voila! Dinner.
Today’s chores are listed below. The daily chores repeat each day and the weekly chores depend on what day of the week it is. Here is what Monday looks like:
- Make Bed
- Easy Clean bathroom
- Unload/load dishwasher
- Wipe Counters/Table
- 2 loads of Laundry (if needed)
- Clean dinner dishes/load and run dishwasher
Weekly chores for Monday –
- Vacuum/dust first floor (middle floor for our split-level)
- Mop kitchen & guest bath
- Grocery shop (this is already done!)
I have some deadlines today so I will be working on articles as well. My goal is to get up before the kids at least 3 days during the week because I’ve found I work pretty well in those hours.
So there you have it! Happy Monday! What do you have going on today?
You can read more about our chores and how we work together as a family.