I’ve decided that my new shopping day is going to be Sunday. It just makes sense. The week is starting anew, I can go by myself while hubby is at home, and with the quiet mood of a Sunday, it’s almost enjoyable to sit down and meal plan.
Yes, this is my “back on the wagon” post about meal planning.
I don’t mean to stop. I promise! And usually it’s weeks until I realize we are in a serious spaghetti, mac’n’cheese, chicken and rice rut that is paralyzing our taste buds. Hopefully, this new leaf will at least carry us through the holidays. We shall see.
I have also decided to start hiding a few veggies in our meals. This could be a post in itself, but I have decided that hidden veggies are better than no veggies. My plan is to make a couple of the purees from The Sneaky Chef to hide in the meal. Then I will still prepare a regular vegetable to serve along with the hidden meal. That way, Oscar sees the veggie in it’s natural form, but even if he doesn’t try it, he’s still getting it in the yummy meal that he likes. I’ll let you know how this works out.
This week’s meal plan:
- Monday – Boneless Buffalo Chicken w/ Sweet Potato Fries & salad
- Tuesday – Black Bean and Rice Enchiladas & salad
- Wednesday – Beans and Franks (w/orange puree – sweet potatoes & carrots) – carrots on the side
- Thursday – Meatloaf with Zucchini & garlic bread
- Friday – Homemade pizza with orange puree & white bean puree – turkey pepperoni & salad
- Saturday – steaks/hot dogs on the grill w/roasted red peppers, butternut squash & salad
- Sunday – Herbed Chicken Parm w/pesto pasta