Do you have places that you drive by every day that you always say, “Man one day I am going to check that out,” and then keep on driving? Well, I do.
Every single day on my way home from work, I drive through the Krispy Kreme District. I usually count it a victory to plow on through because it’s almost always during the “hot now” hours. But lately I have been wondering how I made it this long without checking out the small businesses near the corner of Person and Franklin. You know the ones, they look almost forgotten, but thriving. I am determined to make the time and finally get to know these places. They are after all, practically in my backyard. I love Seaboard Station but I noticed that I always seem to blow right past a bit of Raleigh history. So that being said, here is my list!
Places I want to go (in no particular order):
- not just a pharmacy, this local store also boasts a restaurant and great Raleigh history!
- Conti’s Italian Market
- I seriously think this is the biggest offense. Don’t hate me for not going here yet! I’m getting there! Here is a fan page which lists their menu….mmmmmm
- That Hair Salon with the Bright Orange Banner….
- I can’t think of the name right now, but I am a perpetual salon hopper and it intrigues me…
- The store with quilts in the window
- I know this list is deteriorating quickly, but you get the idea….
Basically, I need to take a morning and just head over to Person Street. Maybe I’ll even get a donut! If anyone has any more suggestions for that corner of the world, I’m all ears!