Collecting ornaments is probably one of my favorite Christmas traditions. I have a handful of ornaments that I have had since childhood and each year we add a family ornament and one for the kids. I can’t wait to get Calvin his first ornament!! We’ll be getting that soon, but we also have a couple of wooden sleds that Oscar and I will paint on Christmas Eve which I will then personalize for each boy.
Here are some of my favorites from years past…
1. Larry Bird – Jerry brought this one to the marriage with him. What’s funny is that Larry Bird was always my favorite basketball player growing up so even then, we had a connection.
2. Oscar and I made this craft using a tutorial from Truth in the Tinsel (affiliate link). This is an awesome book to help take your kids through advent. If nothing else, Oscar knows that Jesus is the light of the world 🙂
3. I made this ornament for Krusty one year while we were in the mountains with family. He will always be with us.
4. We bought this ornament last year during Oscar (and Jerry)’s first trip to Disney World!
5. I made this ornmaent this year while watching one of all 8 Harry Potter movies in one week.
6. Jerry and I got this ornament in Oregon on our honeymoon. We drove the Pacific Coast Highway from San Fransisco to Seattle. Easily the best trip of my life.