Wow! I can’t believe we are at the end of our Star Wars Weekends at Home journey already. I have SO enjoyed following along with the action at Disney Hollywood Studios and I hope you have had a great time making some galactic memories whether at home or away.
We’ve made cupcakes, met Darth Vader, scored some new popsicles and traveled to the beach. This week, we are diving into some ways to keep our adventures going as a family and maybe have a few laughs along the way.
Star Wars Mad Libs? Why didn’t I think of that!?
There is nothing that makes me laugh like a great game of Mad Libs. The other day as I was wandering around Barnes & Noble, I happened upon this Star Wars version! Buying it was a must at $3.99. But wait! There’s more! They even have a LEGO version. Oh yeah! Fun for the whole family.
App Alert: Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
Disney released the first in a series of new apps this year called Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace. At $4.99 on iTunes, I think this will be a really fun app to add to our collection. Along with an interactive story, I think Oscar will love the podracing game!
- Uncover the story of the saga while tapping to reveal hidden content
- Sharpen your Jedi mastery and test your ability against the fastest and fiercest racers in four different galaxies
- Customize your very own podracer with visual and performance enhancements to improve your results
- Participate in tournaments, time trials, and daily racing events to win special rewards
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
According to Disney, this is the first of more Star Wars apps to come. I say bring em’ on!
Start em young
Even though our biggest fan is 5 and a half and partial to the dark side, Calvin loves playing along too! last year, I grabbed these adorable bath toys during a trip to Walt Disney World and they are perfect for little hands, inside the bath or out!
I’m crossing my fingers that next year we’ll be spending Star Wars Weekends at Disney World, but I have to say, celebrating at home has been awesome! Oh and before you blast off….
Beware the Sith
Happy #StarWarsAtHome day!