I, like many half-hearted football fans, didn’t really have a favorite going into the game. I heard a clip on NPR about New England’s near perfect season and while I usually default to the underdog, I was hoping the Patriots would get their final win. Good thing I am not a gambler!
We enjoyed the game and of course the commercials. I have a list of favorites that I thought were memorable:
– The one with the screaming animals was the first one that made me laugh – in that haha animals who think they’re people kind of way
– The Macy’s Parade where Charlie Brown wins the coke was just downright touching. In a world where Peanuts are all but forgotten, the context of football was the best place for CB to finally win.
– The E*Trade commercial with the talking baby. The first run was amusing, but the 2nd was downright FUNNY
– I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the Will Ferrell Bud Light commercial. Will does his best Will and that’s all I need.
– Another Budweiser commercial, this one with the Clydesdales. Specifically, the new kid on the block who gets trained by a dalmatian. I think Jerry teared up.
We spent the evening at Kim and Reid’s and we had a great time! Lots of food, good friends and football. Who could ask for a better evening? For a full write up on the Superbowl commercials, check out the NY Times. And to view them and vote for your favorite, check out the Wall Street Journal!
Which one was your favorite?