Ice Cream Maker Instructions (see post for detailed notes on using a KitchenAid Mixer with Ice Cream attachment)
1. Freeze ice cream maker bowl overnight before making recipe.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl using a hand mixer or stand mixer.
3. Transfer to your ice cream maker and prepare according to the manufacturer's instructions. For KitchenAid, add the ice cream mixture to the freeze bowl with mixing attachment and mix on low for 25 minutes.
4. For soft serve, eat right away. For harder ice cream, transfer to a metal loaf pan or freezer safe air tight container and place in the freezer for 4 hours or longer.
No-Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream Instructions
1. Place a mixing bowl and whisk attachment in freezer for 20-30 minutes.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl, add all ingredients except the heavy cream and combine using a spoon or hand mixer.
3. In the chilled mixing bowl, add the heavy cream and whisk on high (using a stand mixer or handheld mixer) until stiff peaks form.
4. Gently fold in the pumpkin mixture to the whipped cream until well combined but do not over mix.
5. Transfer to a metal loaf pan or freezer container, cover with parchment paper and freeze until ready (about 4 hours to overnight).
Please see the blog post for detailed steps and mix-in ideas.