email me: email@example.com
Thank you for reading Just is a four letter word. My name is Andrea and I am a wife, a mama and a writer seeking to celebrate the little things that make life awesome. This page is where you can learn about me and my family and check out some of my previous work.
My blogging journey began way back in 2003. Oh yes, it did. In the early years, I wrote about student life, dating and eventually wedding planning. But I really found my stride when I became a mother.
My primary focus is on being available to my two glasses-wearing boys, Calvin (5) and Oscar (8), while working from home and writing to encourage other busy moms along the way. And if you stick around, you just might fall in love with our classy kitties Brick and Ron Purrgundy.
I married my husband in 2007 and it’s been an adventure every step of the way! We embrace life as a journey and try to enjoy our days as much as we can. We love to travel together, binge-watch Netflix and enjoy living right in the heart of Raleigh, NC.
It’s a gift that we found each other all those years ago and now that our family is complete, it’s hard not to feel lucky most of the time! We genuinely enjoy each other.
The Royal Updyke Family (L-R) – Oscar, Jerry, Andrea & Calvin
Over the past nearly 14 years, this blog has taken on a few names. I finally settled on Just is a Four Letter Word, because I feel like I have lived so many lives, it’s impossible to “just” be one thing.
On top of being a wife and mother I am an author, speaker, writer, social media consultant and alumni panelist on the Disney Parks Moms Panel (2015-16). Just is a Four Letter Word is my reminder that wearing many hats is something to celebrate!
I’m thrilled that I can use this blog to achieve my goal of working from home and helping to provide for my family. I’m always interested in increasing quality relationships with brands that I can trust, enjoy and promote from the heart.
If you would like to chat about working together, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know why we would make a great team!
Thanks for reading!
Andrea – email@example.com
Beyond this blog….
- Klout For Dummies – Wiley Publishing 2013
- Mom 2.0 Summit- May 2017
- Type-A-Parent Conference – 2016
- Type-A Bootcamp – 2014
- ProBlogging Minicon – 2014
- Professional Freelancing for Creative Careers – 2016
- HLN | Mom Confessions April 2014
- NBC | My Carolina Today January 2013
- About.com | Tips for Preschoolers at Walt Disney World June 2015
- Contributor – National Wildlife Service: Be Out There Guide to Outdoor Summer Fun
- Fox News Opinion – I learned more from 5 days without Sugar than 20 years of dieting (2017)
- Fox News Opinion – Cubs win the World Series (2016)
- Contributor – The Babycenter Blog
- Contributor – Famous Footwear Blog
- Mom on Faith Columnist – WRAL: Go Ask Mom
- Contributor – P&G Everyday
- Contributor – 5MinutesforMom.com