I don’t know what it is about gnomes during the holidays but I just love them. Santa Gnome cookies are starting to pop up here and there so I decided to make my own version using cookie cups and fresh strawberries.
These cookies were incredibly simple to make and taste so amazing. They look like mini cupcakes but they are actually delicious little Christmas gnomes that everyone will love.
Making cute food during the holidays is so much fun. And the best part about this little treat is you only need 4 ingredients!
What to Buy
Skip the gnome cookie cutter for these because all you need are a few ingredients and a mini muffin tin.
The best part about these though, is the strawberry hats. We love strawberries!
Gnome Cookie Cups
- Refrigerated sugar cookie dough (I like the break and bake kind)
- White Icing (grab one that comes in a tube and save the step of using a pastry bag)
- Fresh Strawberries
- Pink candies (I used Skittles “smoothie” flavors for these)
Bake the Sugar Cookies
Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a mini muffin pan with cooking oil spray. It’s important to be sure the pan is well coated as these cookies like to stick. You can also use mini cupcake liners if you have them.
Place one cookie into each muffin cup. You don’t need to flatten or roll them. Just drop them in, easy peasy!
Bake cookies and place pan on a wire rack to cool.
While the cookies are still warm, take a small scoop to gently press the cookies into a cup shape. Then cool completely before removing from the pan.
Our happy gnome cookies have hats made from fresh strawberries and the flavor combination is so good!
Wash your strawberries and cut out the crowns in a v shape. This creates a hat shape in the strawberry when turned upside down.
Decorate your Gnome Cookie Cups
Now comes the fun part!
Take a fully cooled cookie cup and pipe frosting into the cup. You want to be a little generous here.
Then push a strawberry on top of the icing and add a pink candy nose just under the strawberry.
Take a toothpick to spread some of the icing to create the white beard. And you’re done!
How stinkin cute are these little guys??
Print the Recipe
These adorable gnome cookies can be enjoyed year round though I am partial to enjoying them alongside my other favorite Christmas cookies.
Want to change it up? Use orange frosting and dip the strawberries in green candy melts for a St. Patrick’s Day treat.
Frosted cookies are simply delicious and when they can be cute too? It’s a total win. If you make them, I would love to see your finished product!
Feel free to share it on our Facebook page after you dig in!
- 1 pkg Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough (I used the break apart kind)
- 24 oz White Frosting (about 2-3 tubes of prepared frosting)
- 24 Strawberries
- 24 Skittles (I used the pink ones from the Skittles Smoothie mix)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a mini muffin pan with cooking oil spray. You can also use mini cupcake liners if you have them.
- Place one cookie into each muffin cup. You don't need to flatten or roll them.
- Bake cookies for 20 minutes and place pan on a wire rack to cool.
- While the cookies are still warm, take a small scoop to gently press the cookies into a cup shape.
- Cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Wash strawberries and cut out the crowns in a v shape.
- Take a fully cooled cookie cup and pipe frosting into the cup. You want to be a little generous here.
- Then push a strawberry on top of the icing and add a pink candy nose just under the strawberry.
- Take a toothpick to spread some of the icing to create the white beard.
See step by step photo instructions in the post if needed.
Optional: Dip strawberries in candy melts to add a variety of colorful hats.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 8.ygSaturated Fat: 2.5gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 31.2gFiber: 1.2gSugar: 23.4gProtein: 1.1g
Nutrition information is estimated and may vary based on products used. Please verify with your ingredients.
Want even more holiday recipes? Get 50% off our Holiday Cookbook with code HOLIDAYS. Enjoy!