Easy Paula Deen Pound Cake
on Aug 06, 2021, Updated Sep 16, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
It’s hard to beat a simple and easy pound cake recipe. I love making this Paula Deen pound cake recipe. Top it with a little vanilla glaze and some fresh fruit and you’re golden!
Whenever I try to eat a little healthier, my urge to bake is nearly insurmountable.
This Paula Deen pound cake checks all the boxes with a simply sweet vanilla flavor, rich buttery texture and a delightful vanilla glaze I added myself.
Truth be told, my son was begging me to make a pound cake.
One year during Thanksgiving vacation, he decided it was his favorite dessert of all time and it was high time we had another.
Who could blame him? It was a darn good pound cake.
My other son love cupcakes, however so he would reach for these orange creamsicle cupcakes instead!
Easy Paula Deen Pound Cake Recipe
I had most of the ingredients already. Here’s what you will need:
- Vegetable shortening (Crisco)
- All-purpose flour
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar (for glaze)
Once you have a tube or bundt pan there is a lot more you can make with the pan and here’s a book that will give you lots of ideas: 100 Bundt and Tube Pan Cake Recipes
Making the cake is as easy as combining the ingredients and letting your home fill with the most amazing aromas.
Want to know why this is one of my most pinned recipes? Check out these reviews!
“This is one fantastic cake. It has become one of my most frequent used recipes.” – Sherry
“This was a perfect recipe, I’ve made a few of these and everybody loves them!” – Beverly
“Made this as a dessert for my family Thanksgiving. It was easy and a big hit!” – Wendy
Needless to say, this is one pound cake recipe you will want to save so you can make it again and again!
Want more bundt cake ideas? try these!
I decided to add a simple vanilla glaze to our cake to keep it simple.
You could also swap that for this easy strawberry glaze, dust with confectioner’s sugar top with fresh fruit and whipped cream or ice cream, or eat it plain!
It’s so good.
Love this recipe? Feel free to share our web story!
For more yummy dessert ideas, check out my other recipes below.
Print the Pound Cake Recipe
Grab the recipe below and save it for later. I can’t wait to make this again!
Easy Paula Deen Pound Cake
- 2 sticks butter, plus more for pan
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening, I use Crisco
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk, plus 3 Tbsp for glaze
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, plus more for glaze
- 1.5 cup confectioner’s sugar for glaze
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cream butter and shortening together in a mixing bowl or with a hand-held mixer.
- Slowly add sugar as you mix
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Add dry ingredients and milk a little bit at a time, alternating with milk. Be sure to start and end with the flour.
- Finally, mix in vanilla.
- Pour into a greased and floured tube or bundt pan and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- For the glaze, mix together confectioner’s sugar, 3 Tbsp milk, and 2 tsp vanilla and pour over cooled cake. (see notes)
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
What is your favorite way to eat pound cake? Let me know in the comments
*Post updated from 2014