Bake a beautiful pumpkin bundt cake with cream cheese glaze for your next sweet craving.
This homemade pumpkin spice bundt cake is topped with a sweetened cream cheese glaze and crushed walnuts to complete the dessert.
Look no further for the perfect fall treat!
I do love some good pumpkin recipes.
What I Love About this Recipe
This homemade cake just takes a little prep and it’s so worth it! Gather your ingredients, a few bowls and a whisk and you are ready to go.
Here’s what you need to make the cake:
- All purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin pie spice (from the store or make your own!)
- Baking soda
- Baking Powder
- Pure vanilla extract
Then, for the glaze Ingredients, make sure you have the following:
- Butter (unsalted)
- Cream cheese (full fat)
- Pure vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
How to Make It
Be sure to grab the full steps and directions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a quick visual walk through.
To prepare your bundt pan, spray it with cooking spray and add a coating of flour or use this easy cake goop recipe.
We’ll start by making the cake. First, add the dry ingredients to a medium bowl and mix until combined. Then, set it aside.
In large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, and oil until smooth.
Add in the pumpkin puree and vanilla and whisk together.
Slowly work in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Be careful not to over mix.
Pour the cake batter into a greased bundt pan and bake until golden brown.
Then let it rest and once cooled, remove from pan.
For the cream cheese glaze, add the ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
Tip: If the consistency is too thick, add a little milk. If it’s too runny, add a little powdered sugar.
When your icing is ready, pour it over the cooled cake and top with chopped nuts if desired.
Slice and enjoy!
Tips and Variations to Recipe
- Try adding cinnamon to the cream cheese glaze for added flavor.
- Stir in walnuts or pecans to the cake for more crunch.
- Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips to the cake batter for a sweet chocolate flavor.
- Pair with a scoop of pumpkin ice cream on the side.
Refrigerate – Since this has a cream cheese glaze you will want to store the cake covered and in the fridge. It can stay out at room temperature for up to 2 hours. Then you will want to refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before you set it out again.
Freezing – You can freeze the moist pumpkin bundt cake if you want. Just place in an airtight container and freeze for 3-4 months. Then thaw in the fridge overnight or on counter.
Do I have to use a bundt cake pan?
You are welcome to use round cake pans for a layer cake or even a 9×13 cake.
The cook time will need to be adjusted as they typically cook faster than a bundt cake would.
What is the best way to cool a cake?
Place your cake pan on a wire rack for cooling. This is going to allow it to cool on all areas of the cake.
When you sit it right on the counter or hot pads it keeps the bottom of the cake hotter as air can’t circulate around it.
Print the Recipe
Share or save the recipe below. Enjoy it with friends or have it for breakfast. You won’t hear about it from me!
Want more bundt cake ideas? try these!
Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Glaze Ingredients
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ⅓ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk
For the cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease the bundt pan with cooking spray. Or use cake goop (linked above in post)
- In a medium bowl mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined and set aside.
- Then, using a larger bowl whisk the eggs, sugars, and oil until smooth. Add the pumpkin puree and vanilla and continue whisking until all is fully mixed.
- Gently fold in dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until incorporated. Be sure not to over mix.
- Pour the batter in the previously greased bundt pan and bake for 55 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When done, remove cake from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes on a wire rack before turning out of the pan.
To make the cream cheese glaze
- In a medium bowl whisk butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice and whisk until you get a smooth mixture.
- Add 1 tablespoon of milk and stir in until the glaze is nice and smooth.
- You can add more milk (1 tsp at a time) to make a thinner consistency if desired.
- Top with nuts (optional) and enjoy!
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.