This apple cider cake recipe is so perfect for fall and it’s super easy to make! Using spice cake mix, apple cider and a few other basic ingredients, you will be in apple heaven with this dessert.
Since this recipe is made with a bundt pan, many people call it apple cider doughnut cake.
If you know me and my love of doughnuts, you know I’m not mad about that!
Who doesn’t love that classic apple cider donut flavor?
Ingredients for Apple Cider Cake (the easy way)
Y’all know I love a boxed cake mix hack and I’m happy to share this shortcut with you. In fact, you only need 5 ingredients for this easy recipe.
The base of this cake starts with spice cake mix and it just gets better.
If you have a local apple orchard or farmer’s market, you can get fresh apple cider from there. If not, I highly recommend the Trader Joe’s brand!
Here’s what to buy:
- Spice cake mix
- Apple pie filling
- Apple cider
- Vegetable oil
- Caramel sauce (optional for topping)
You will also need a bundt pan, some nonstick cooking spray and a serving dish.
How to Make it
Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a Bundt cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Take your can of apple pie filling and pour it in an even layer in the bottom of the prepared pan.
Then, in a large bowl, use a hand mixer on medium speed to beat together the cake mix, apple cider, vegetable oil, and eggs until smooth and well combined.
Pour the cake batter over the top of the apple pie filling and bake cake for 35 to 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack until the pan is safe to touch.
Then carefully flip the warm cake over onto a serving dish.
What to Serve with Apple Cider Cake
You’ll love this cake warm and fresh out of the oven, but feel free to spice it up! Here are some great options. But remember, the best way to make it is the way you like it!
You could sprinkle the whole cake with a cinnamon sugar coating and serve at room temperature.
Alternatively, drizzle some caramel sauce over the entire cake before serving or keep in in a small pitcher on the side as an optional topping.
Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream with cinnamon on top of the cake slices.
Whipped cream is another solid option and one we love keeping around during the holiday season.
You could also create an apple cider glaze by mixing together powdered sugar, pure vanilla extract and a tablespoon or two of apple cider. Talk about an apple cider donut cake!
Print the Recipe
If fall is all about apple flavor for you, this delicious cake is the perfect way to welcome this time of year. Store leftovers in an airtight container if you have any.
This may be the first time you make this cake, but it may not be the last. Enjoy!
Easy Apple Cider Cake
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 1 20- ounce can apple pie filling
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 cup apple cider
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a Bundt cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the apple pie filling in an even layer in the bottom of the cake pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, apple cider, vegetable oil, and eggs until smooth and well combined.
- Pour the cake batter over the top of the apple pie filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool on a cooling rack until the pan is safe to touch, then flip it over onto a serving dish.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over the top of the cake before serving or use one of the alternate topping ideas above.