Learn about Andrea Updyke why Just is a Four Letter Word is the name of this family blog instead of something shorter, catchier and way easier to say.
Thank you for reading Just is a four letter word. My name is Andrea and I am a wife, a mama and a writer seeking to celebrate the little things that make life a little bit easier and a lot more fun.
This page is where you can learn about me and my family and check out some of my previous work.
email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Andrea Updyke
My blogging journey began in 2003 and back then I wrote about student life, dating and eventually wedding planning. But I really found my stride when I became a mother.
My primary focus is on being available to my two glasses-wearing boys, Calvin (10) and Oscar (12), while working from home and writing to encourage other busy parents along the way.
We also have two kitties (Brick and Ron Purrgundy) and a rescue dog named Pepper!
I married my husband, Jerry, in 2007 and it’s been an adventure every step of the way! We embrace life as a journey and try to enjoy our days as much as we can.
We love to travel together and enjoy living right in the heart of Raleigh, NC.
In 2020, we bought our first travel trailer and have loved road-tripping all over the US with our boys.
It’s a gift that we found each other all those years ago and now that our family is complete, it’s hard not to feel lucky most of the time! We genuinely enjoy each other.
Over the past nearly 18 years, this blog has taken on a few names. I finally settled on Just is a Four Letter Word in 2014, because I feel like I have lived so many lives, it’s impossible to “just” be one thing.
On top of being a wife and mother I am an author, speaker, writer, social media consultant and alumni panelist on the Disney Parks Moms Panel (2015-16).
I’m thrilled that I can use this blog to achieve my goal of working from home and helping to provide for my family.
I’m always interested in increasing quality relationships with brands that I can trust, enjoy and promote from the heart. Feel free to browse some of my past partnerships below.
If you would like to chat about working together or want to request my media kit, please contact me at email@example.com and let me know why we would make a great team!
Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you soon.
Andrea – firstname.lastname@example.org
Beyond this blog….
- Klout For Dummies – Wiley Publishing 2013
- Mom 2.0 Summit- May 2017
- Type-A-Parent Conference – 2016
- Type-A Bootcamp – 2014
- ProBlogging Minicon – 2014
- Professional Freelancing for Creative Careers – Auburn University – 2016
- HLN | Mom Confessions April 2014
- NBC | My Carolina Today January 2013
- About.com | Tips for Preschoolers at Walt Disney World
- Contributor – National Wildlife Service: Be Out There Guide to Outdoor Summer Fun
- My Pigeon Forge – Why Now is the Time to Camp In Pigeon Forge (2020)
- Fox News Opinion – I learned more from 5 days without Sugar than 20 years of dieting (2017)
- Fox News Opinion – Cubs win the World Series (2016)
- Contributor – The Babycenter Blog
- Contributor -Famous Footwear Blog
- Mom on Faith Columnist – WRAL: Go Ask Mom
- Contributor – P&G Everyday
- Contributor – 5MinutesforMom.com
- National Geographic – Best Places to Take Your Family Vacation
- Heavy.com | 2019
- Raleigh News & Observer | February 2015
- Kid’s Fun Plaza Magazine | June/July 2011
- Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food Blog | September 2010
- Parents.com | Parent Blogs to Follow in January 2013
- Good Enough Mother | May 2013
- She Knows | April 2012
- kiwi crate | June 2012