This pumpkin delight recipe is a no bake pumpkin dessert with layers of Golden Oreo cookies, cream cheese, Cool Whip, and a delicious pumpkin spice pudding layer.
Top with caramel sauce and you have the ultimate pumpkin layer desert!
Whether you call it pumpkin delight dessert, pumpkin layer dessert, pumpkin lasagna, or a pumpkin lush dessert, it’s the perfect quick recipe for pumpkin lovers.
Here are more pumpkin pie spice recipes perfect for pumpkin season. Whip up this gluten free pumpkin cake, this layered pumpkin magic cake, or even these mini pumpkin pies.
This Pumpkin Delight Is…
- Loaded with pumpkin spice flavor
- A creamy pumpkin dessert
- Great for the holiday season
- Easy to make
I love the simple ingredients in this recipe. You may even have many of the items in your pantry and fridge already.
Golden Oreos – Golden Oreos are a tasty twist to on the classic graham cracker crust. They add a nice sweetness to the dessert.
Butter – Make sure it is real butter and not margarine.
Cream Cheese – Room temperature cream cheese will work best for this recipe. That way when you mix it up it becomes ultra creamy.
Powdered Sugar – If your powdered sugar has a lot of clumps you can easily sift the powdered sugar to make it more smooth.
Milk – Whole milk will offer a richer flavor to the dessert. But you are welcome to use the milk you prefer.
Whipped Cream – Reach for a container of Cool Whip or whip up your own homemade whipped cream if you prefer.
Pumpkin Spice Pudding Mix – Instant pudding mix that you will mix with cold milk is what you need. I recommend using a hand mixer for this so it thickens quickly.
Caramel – This is optional but it will dress up your top layer. Use your favorite brand or make your own caramel topping.
Substitutes For Dessert
- Top with chopped pecans for a crunch.
- Swap the Oreo cookie crush with graham cracker crumbs.
- Make a gingersnap crust instead of Oreo cookies.
- Top with some shaved white chocolate.
How to Make it
Full directions on how to make this chilled pumpkin delight are in the printable recipe card. Below is a quick walk through on how to make this easy dessert.
In a food processor you will add your Oreos and crush to make a sand-like texture.
Once crumbled add in the melted butter and mix until it is combined.
Press the Oreo mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Then place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
Then, in a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer and mix the softened cream cheese until nice and smooth. Then add in the powdered sugar followed by the milk.
Once it is well mixed add in half of the Cool whip and mix one more time and pour the mixture on top of the cooled crust.
Place the pan in the refrigerator to chill for an hour.
Once the dessert is chilled you will work on mixing up the pumpkin pudding with the milk. Mix until the pumpkin pudding is thickened.
Pour the pudding over the top of layer in the pan. Use a rubber spatula to lightly create an even layer.
Cover with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate one more hour.
Use the remainder of the whipped cream and spread over the top. Drizzle with caramel if you want. Cover well and refrigerate for 4 hours for best results.
Then slice, serve, and enjoy!
Store this dessert in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Longer than that it may start to break down.
Slice and serve when you are ready, and store the rest in the fridge to keep it chilled.
I don’t recommend freezing this vintage recipe, but you can make it a day ahead.
Can I make this dessert ahead of time?
Yes you can make this layered dessert up to 24 hours in advance.
Save the caramel and drizzle on top of the pumpkin recipe until you are ready to serve.
Print the Recipe Card
No-Bake Pumpkin Delight
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 36 Golden Oreo cookies
- 6 tbsp. Butter melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. Milk
- 16 oz. cool whip divided
- 2 3.4 oz. packages of pumpkin spice pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- Optional caramel sauce for topping
- Add Oreos to a food processor and blend to crumbs, or, add them to a gallon sized plastic bag and crush by hand.
- Pour melted butter onto crumbs and mix together to combine.
- Press the cookie mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan and move to the freezer to chill for about 5 minutes.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until softened and smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and milk, and mix to combine.
- Add 8 oz. of cool whip, and mix again, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the Golden Oreo crust, and smooth out evenly.
- Place in refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
- For the next layer, in a large mixing bowl whisk together pumpkin spice pudding and 3 cups of milk.
- Whisk for about 2 minutes, until the pudding begins to thicken.
- Pour over the cream cheese layer and smooth out evenly.
- Chill in refrigerator for another hour.
- Once the pudding is set, spread the remaining 8 oz. cool whip over top of the pudding.
- Return to the refrigerator to chill for 4 more hours.
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.