Muffin Tin Mini Pumpkin Pies -with Cinnamon Roll Crust!
on Aug 18, 2021, Updated Feb 09, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I have another cinnamon roll hack for you! Using a muffin tin, it’s so easy to make these adorable mini pumpkin pies with a cinnamon roll crust.
In fact, you only need 4 ingredients.
If you loved our apple pie bars, these mini pumpkin pies will be a great addition to your fall menu.
Sure, you may want to make a traditional pumpkin pie with a pie crust made from scratch at some point. But who says we only get pie once?
My affiliate links are below, which means I may earn money on purchases made.
These little pies are so easy you will want to make them again and again. And they are great to throw in a lunchbox too! Let’s hear it for pumpkin spice season!
To make, you will need:
- Regular cinnamon rolls – be sure to get the regular size for these and not jumbo. They are the perfect size for this simple pie dough that is packed with flavor.
- Pumpkin pie mix – Premixed pumpkin pie filling is a real timesaver here! Rather than plain pumpkin puree, it already has the sugar and pumpkin pie spice mixed in so you don’t have to worry about it.
- Evaporated milk – You can purchase this in a carton now instead of a can, so it’s easier to save leftovers.
- Egg – To hold it all together!
- Flour for rolling – just a sprinkle will do
- Large bowl and whisk – for mixing the filling
- Muffin tin and nonstick cooking spray – for baking your tasty pies. This recipe calls for a regular muffin tin, not the mini size.
How to Make – Mini Pumpkin Pie Recipe
I love how quickly this easy recipe comes together for a classic Thanksgiving dessert with a twist. Serve right away or keep them in an airtight container to enjoy whenever you want.
Begin by preheating the oven to 350°F and grease 8 cups in a regular muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Make sure the bottom and sides of the muffin cup is coated.
Then, open the cinnamon roll package and separate each roll.
Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface and use a rolling pin to roll each cinnamon roll until it’s flat. You can also use your fingers to flatten the rolls into small circles.
Carefully press each cinnamon roll pie crust into the prepared muffin pan to form a cup.
In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin filling, evaporated milk, and egg until smooth and well combined.
Spoon mixture into the cinnamon roll cups and place the pan in the oven to bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges of the cinnamon rolls are golden brown.
Allow to cool in the pan until safe to touch, then transfer the mini pies to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
I love pumpkin pie just about any way you serve it whether it’s plain or topped.
Some ideas to top these mini pies include traditional whipped cream or homemade pumpkin ice cream.
Or if you want to bring out the cinnamon roll flavor, drizzle the icing from the package over the top and serve right away!
Print the Recipe
The best part about this simple recipe is there is something for everyone.
They are the cutest little mini pies and the perfect way to kick off a great holiday season. For more pumpkin goodness, be sure to try these pumpkin spice cookies next.
Muffin Tin Pumpkin Pies with Cinnamon Roll Crust
- 1 8- count package regular cinnamon rolls, not jumbo size
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin pie mix
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- Flour for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease 8 cups in a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Open the cinnamon roll package and separate each roll.
- Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface and use a rolling pin to roll each cinnamon roll until it’s flat.
- Carefully press each cinnamon roll into the muffin pan to form a cup.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin pie mix, evaporated milk, and egg until smooth and well combined.
- Spoon the pumpkin mixture into the cinnamon roll cups.
- Place the pan in the oven to bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges of the cinnamon rolls are golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the pan until safe to touch, then transfer the pie cups to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before serving.
- Serve with the icing from the cinnamon rolls, whipped cream, or ice cream and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.