This easy no-churn Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream is the perfect sweet treat for almost any occasion. Creamy vanilla ice cream is full of sweet strawberry pie filling, crumbled Little Debbie Strawberry Cake Rolls, and is oh-so-easy to make!
Made with just six ingredients, one bowl, and best of all, no ice cream maker is required!
Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream
This Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream is a delicious no-churn ice cream recipe that is the perfect sweet treat when spring rolls around. It will last in the freezer for up to two weeks if you end up with any leftover at all!
Similar to the popular Little Debbie Strawberry Cake Ice Cream, my copycat recipe for no-churn strawberry shortcake ice cream has all the classic flavors of this favorite but uses natural ingredients, and takes less than 20 minutes of hands-on prep to make. Seriously, the hardest part is waiting overnight for this ice cream to freeze!
And what’s better than creamy homemade ice cream on a hot summer day? In my opinion, nothing!
Plus, the addition of Little Debbie Strawberry Cake Rolls offers an extra sweet punch of concentrated strawberry flavor in every bite. I do love a snack cake. We even made our own Easter snack cakes!
And if you love Little Debbie, you have to try this Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pie Ice Cream.
I can almost guarantee that it’ll be a hit, so, make sure to keep this recipe in your pile of favorites for easy access. You can thank me later!
Ingredient Shopping List
The best part about this luscious strawberry ice cream is how easy it is to make. You only need a few simple store-bought ingredients and you’re on your way.
Be sure to grab these items the next time you’re at the grocery store so you can make this easy no-churn ice cream.
- Little Debbie Strawberry Cake Rolls
- Heavy whipping cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
- Cream cheese
- Strawberry pie filling
- Ice cream cones
How To Make This No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
While this delicious ice cream is perfect to enjoy during those warmer months, it can be made any time of year, for almost any special occasion.
In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the whipping cream and whip until thick and stiff peaks have formed.
Next, add the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and cream cheese.
Blend until the vanilla ice cream is smooth and creamy.
Then, fold in the strawberry pie filling and the small chunks of the cake rolls.
Pour ice cream base into a loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer overnight.
When ready to serve, scoop the ice cream into a classic ice cream cone or dish.
Take 2 to 3 more cake rolls and slice cake into thin slices, and place on top of ice cream.
Serve with some whipped cream and enjoy!
How To Store Leftovers
Store any leftover strawberry shortcake ice cream in the freezer in an airtight freezer-safe container with a piece of parchment paper or wax paper pressed on top so a skin doesn’t form, for up to 2 weeks.
While most store-bought ice creams last longer than two weeks, this recipe contains no preservatives and won’t last past two weeks.
However, this ice cream is super hard to resist, so it probably won’t even last two weeks!
What’s The Difference Between Ice Cream and Custard?
Ice cream and custard are both classic frozen treats that have cream, sugar, and milk as the base. Custard, however, has the addition of egg yolk.
It’s the addition of egg yolk that gives custard its iconic smooth and creamy texture.
Is This Ice Cream Similar To The Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars?
No, this ice cream is a copycat of Little Debbie Strawberry Cake Ice Cream.
However, if you are looking for more strawberry dessert inspiration and would like to replicate the other classic frozen dessert in a no churn ice cream format, swap in sweet fresh strawberries for the pie filling and golden Oreo cookies or shortbread cookies for the cake rolls.
The fresh strawberry chunks are reminiscent of the intense strawberry flavor and the golden Oreos or shortbread cookies for that iconic cake crunch coating.
Can This No Churn Ice Cream Be Made Gluten-Free?
If you need to make this ice cream gluten-free, feel free to use your favorite gluten-free vanilla cookies in place of the cake rolls.
How Can I Make This Ice Cream Extra Creamy?
First, chill your loaf pan in the freezer while you make the ice cream base.
Second, once the ice cream is chilling in the freezer, I recommend stirring it every 30 minutes for the first 2 hours to help add air. Adding air will help create that smooth, creamy texture.
While I find this ice cream recipe perfect as written, sometimes it is fun to create a different flavor profile.
- Swap out the strawberry pie filling and use your favorite fresh fruit. Peach, raspberry, or blueberry shortcake ice cream would be delicious
- Shave white chocolate to the base or on top as a garnish
- Add Little Debbie Swiss Roll for a chocolate variation
- Add in unsweetened cocoa powder to create a no churn chocolate ice cream
Tips and Tricks
- For the best-tasting ice cream, use high-quality ingredients to ensure the best product.
- While strawberry pie filling has larger chunks of strawberries, feel free to swap in strawberry puree or strawberry sauce for a more concentrated strawberry flavor.
- Be sure to use full-fat whipping cream and cream cheese as the high-fat content of the dairy products is essential when making homemade ice creams. Using lower-fat options often leads to ice creams that are icy or inconsistent in textures.
- If you can’t find the Little Debbie Strawberry Cake Rolls, feel free to substitute in angel food cake
- Be sure to chill all room temperature ingredients before making this ice cream. Starting with chilled ingredients is important when making homemade ice creams, whether no churn or with an ice cream maker to ensure a thick and creamy dessert.
Print the Recipe Card – Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Recipe
When the sound of ice cream truck bells start ringing and you’re craving the nostalgic flavors of Little Debbie snack cakes, whip up this easy no churn strawberry shortcake ice cream!
Little Debbie Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 1 pkg Little Debbie Strawberry Cake Rolls
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 can strawberry pie filling
- 6 ice cream cones
- 6 Little Debbie strawberry roll slices – to top about two rolls sliced into thirds
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the whipping cream and whip until thick and stiff peaks have formed.
- Next, add the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and cream cheese. Blend until the vanilla ice cream is smooth and creamy.
- Then, fold in the strawberry pie filling and the small chunks of the cake rolls.
- Pour ice cream base into a loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer overnight.
- When ready to serve, scoop the ice cream into a classic ice cream cone or dish.
- Take 2 to 3 more cake rolls and slice cake into thin slices, and place on top of ice cream.
- Serve with some whipped cream if desired and enjoy!