Green Goddess Greek Yogurt Dressing Recipe
on Apr 30, 2023, Updated Aug 20, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Use this Greek yogurt dressing recipe to make your own green goddess dressing whenever you want! Green goddess dressing has something of a cult following and if you have ever had it, you know why!
It’s delicious, fresh and perfectly compliments almost any salad.
I love making homemade dressing because I can leave out all the unnecessary sugar. I personally believe sugar should be reserved for a decadent dessert not sneaked into salads.
Serve this dressing with our spring salad or use it as a sauce for chicken. Its versatile and creamy dressing and can be enjoyed in many ways.
Every time I make homemade salad dressing I really wonder why I don’t do it all the time. It really is far superior to anything from the grocery store and it’s made with simple ingredients you can get almost anywhere.
Here is what you need:
- Plain greek yogurt – the staple ingredient of our Greek yogurt salad dressing is of course, tangy and rich plain Greek yogurt. If you want a milder flavor, you may use sour cream instead.
- Extra virgin olive oil – olive oil is used to thin out the yogurt and add flavor.
- Apple cider vinegar – I love this vinegar for the touch of sweetness. It’s not quite as biting as white vinegar.
- Fresh lemon juice – This serves as a touch of citrus flavor and also helps preserve the dressing. You can also add lemon zest if you want even more lemon flavor.
- Fresh basil – one of the fresh herbs used to create the green part of this green goddess dressing.
- Fresh parsley – chopped parsley is also used to round out the flavors.
- Green onions – Milder than larger onions, green onions still pack a punch and add depth to the recipe.
How to Make It
It’s easy to make your own salad dressing. Use it on your favorite salads with some nuts and feta cheese, over pasta salad. It’s also the perfect way to enjoy a healthy dip for fresh veggies and it doesn’t take a lot of time.
Chop the fresh produce and measure your ingredients.
Then add each of the ingredients to a high speed food processor and process on high for about 45-60 seconds until there are no lumps.
Use the puree setting if you have one.
If you want to thin out the dressing, simply add a little water about 1/2 tbsp at a time and continue blending until desired consistency.
Use right away and transfer the rest to an airtight container like a mason jar and refrigerate.
The next time you want to use it, give the jar a good shake before opening to mix the ingredients together.
Refrigerate any unused homemade greek dressing in an airtight container.
When refrigerated, you can use the leftover dressing for 3-4 days.
Print the Recipe Card
This healthy salad dressing is so easy to make. Add this creamy salad dressing on top of your favorite salad without the extra cost of buying a bottle. I hope you love it!
Green Goddess Greek Yogurt Dressing
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup basil, roughly chopped
- 1 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- Add all of the ingredients to a high speed food processor.
- Process on high for about 45-60 seconds until there are no lumps. (Purée setting)
- Serve over salad.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.