This easy cold crab dip recipe is a great way to enjoy the flavors of summer without a lot of work. Bring it to a party or cookout and share, or serve it with your favorite crackers and veggies for a light lunch.
It’s the perfect appetizer to have on hand when you want a little something special on a hot day.
Crab Dip Ingredients
Here are the ingredients to make this easy crab dip recipe.
These items can be easily found in your local grocery store and you may already have many of them in your pantry.
- Lump crab meat or imitation crab meat, finely chopped
- Cream cheese, softened
- Sour cream
- Shredded pepper jack cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Old Bay seasoning
- Garlic clove, minced
- Tabasco sauce or other hot sauce
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
How to make Delicious Crab Dip
This is such an easy recipe, you almost don’t even need directions.
First, make sure your fresh crab meat or imitation crab is chopped into small pieces.
Then, add it to a medium mixing bowl with all of the other ingredients and use a spoon or electric mixer to stir well and combine.
Once your cream cheese mixture is combined, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight if you want to serve it the next day.
This will allow the flavors to really come together. You won’t be sorry!
When you are ready to eat, transfer dip to a serving bowl or tray and enjoy!
This versatile creamy dip can be altered in a variety of ways depending on your preference. Here are a few ideas.
- Use jumbo lump crab meat if you can find it in the seafood section.
- Make a spicy crab dip by adding red pepper flakes, chili powder or by topping with Sriracha for a little kick.
- Add fresh chives, green onions, or parsley to garnish.
- For a crunchier dip, try mixing in a chopped red bell pepper or red onion.
- Use small cooked shrimp to make shrimp dip if you don’t want to use crab.
If you love cold dips, try our Southwest corn dip next!
What to Serve with Cold Crab Dip
This easy dip is the perfect party appetizer for game days, a summer party, New Year’s Eve, or whenever you are in the mood for a tasty seafood dip.
It’s a great alternative to warm dips like sausage Rotel dip when you want something a little different.
You can serve fresh or imitation crab dip with tortilla chips, pita chips, chopped celery sticks and carrots, Ritz crackers or as a side dish with a little cocktail sauce.
How to Store
Cover and refrigerate any leftovers for up to 5 days. I do not recommend freezing this dip.
Print the Recipe Card
This tasty dip is great with veggies or buttery crackers and would be a great addition to your party table. Enjoy!
Cold Crab Dip Recipe
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 1 pound lump crab meat or imitation crab finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce or other hot sauce
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour before serving. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.