This paper rainbow wreath craft for St. Patrick’s Day is so cute and easy for kids to make! We love the colorful rainbow and holiday touches of shamrocks and of course a pot of gold!
Rainbow crafts are so fun and I wanted to share another idea to make for St. Patrick’s Day. My boys loved this rainbow coloring sheet when they were younger.
Using a few sheets of cardstock and some glue, this rainbow wreath craft is a cinch to make at home or as a classroom craft.
St. Patricks Day has become one of my favorite little holidays over the year and I love finding creative ideas to share! Ya’ll know we love our snacks and this year I even made lunchbox notes.
Yes, I am that mom.
So here’s another cute little craft for the kids to enjoy. You could even hang it on the front door or in the window. My kids love it when I showcase their work!
How to make a St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Wreath Craft
Check out these easy instructions and grab your free printable template below. Easy peasy!
For more St. Patrick’s Day ideas, check out these posts:
- St. Patrick’s Day Jokes – lunchbox notes
- Free Leprechaun Hat Printable Template
- 20 Leprechaun Trap Ideas
- Fun St. Patrick’s Day Craft Ideas
- St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Coloring Sheet
- Colored craft papers
- Cardstock paper or wreath base
- Craft glue
- Select different colored craft papers for the wreath accessories.
- Prepare the template patterns by printing and cutting them out. Trace the patterns on the selected craft papers and cut them out nicely. The template includes, rainbow, clouds, shamrock, pot of gold and coils. You can add more patterns of your choice if you want to.
- Grab the pot and the paper coins. Cut a slit along the marked line of the paper pot (shown in template) and glue the coins with the pot by slightly pushing them inside the slit.
- Grab the rainbow layer cutouts and start to attach them with each other to complete the rainbow craft.
- Attach the rainbow papercraft on the cardstock wreath base cutout. The rainbow should cover about half of the wreath.
- Cut out the shamrock patterns from green colored craft papers and grab any 2 shamrock patterns of the same size.
- Fold the paper shamrock patterns into half and stick them together side by side. Similarly, prepare the other 2 shamrock patterns by folding and gluing them.
- Attach the 3d paper shamrock crafts on the wreath, below the rainbow.
- One by one attach the rest of the prepared paper items on the wreath to complete the wreath craft.
Next to the shamrocks you'll notice a large gold coin. To create this, simply use yellow paper to trace a shamrock and glue it to a circle.
If you want your cloud to be textured, you can purchase textured paper from the craft store.
Happy St. Patrick's Day. Enjoy!