Apple Butter Crescent Twists
on Oct 20, 2022, Updated Feb 09, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Apple butter crescent twists are made with refrigerated dough that is rolled out thin, filled with apple butter and brushed with a buttery cinnamon-sugar coating. This recipe is perfect for fall!
Warm crescents are delicious and the cinnamon sugar mixture adds incredible texture and flavor on top. Not to mention your kitchen will smell amazing.
These Apple Butter Twists Are…
- Quick and easy dessert recipe
- Tasty treat for dessert any night of the week
- Great for fall
- Favorite recipe that uses apple butter
- Kid friendly
This recipe makes a great weekend snack or even breakfast on Thanksgiving morning. It’s easy to make and has all the yummy flavors of fall.
Crescent Roll Dough – Refrigerated crescent dough is the base of this apple dessert. I recommend crescent sheets if you can find them.
Apple Butter – Buy jarred apple butter for the filling. I love finding locally made apple butter from the farmer’s market. Or use your favorite apple butter recipe if you prefer.
Butter – Once the twists are done you will brush with butter and add the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Cinnamon and Sugar – This is going to be the coating for the apple butter twists. Use white sugar and ground cinnamon. It reminds me of a churro in a way.
How to Make These Crescent Roll Twists
The full directions on how to make this easy recipe is in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. Below are the visual instructions.
First, preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Then, open the crescent roll dough and roll it out. If you have crescent roll dough instead of a sheet, gently press the perforated seams together to make one large sheet.
Next you will spread the apple butter over the crescent roll dough.
Using a pizza cutter, slice the dough into long strips.
Then, fold each strip in half, lengthwise.
Fold each strip in half a second time and twist.
Pinch the edges of the twists together and transfer to your prepared baking sheet.
Bake until golden brown and remove from the oven to cool.
Brush with melted butter and top with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
These are best served fresh and warm, as they will change in terms of the texture as it cools off.
- Add a thin layer of cream cheese before you spread on the apple butter.
- Have some dipping sauces on the side like caramel sauce, Nutella, or even whipped cream.
- Serve as a dessert with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream or cinnamon ice cream on the side.
- Use puff pastry instead of crescent roll dough like these pumpkin pie twists.
- Try other fillings like chocolate, hazelnut spread, jams, or fruit.
Print the Recipe Card
Share and save this recipe for your next cozy day. Serve with a hot cup of coffee and enjoy!
Apple Butter Crescent Twists
- 1 crescent roll dough sheet
- 1/3 cup apple butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the dough sheet and use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until it’s around ¼ inch thick.
- Brush the apple butter over the entire sheet.
- Cut the dough into one inch strips using a pizza cutter. You should end up with 10 strips.
- To create the twist, fold one strip in half lengthwise over the top of the apple butter. Then, fold dough in half again and twist the ends.
- Pinch the ends together to secure the twist and transfer it to the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
- After removing the twists from the oven, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.