These new holiday sugar cookie blossoms are made with a colorful from-scratch cookie dough and topped with delicious Hershey’s Sugar Cookie Kisses.
You will want these cookies at all your Christmas celebrations this year!
Traditional blossom cookies are a holiday favorite and I just love how cheery and light these look.
The addition of the red and green sprinkles in the sugar cookie base make a Christmas cookie you’ll love eating and gifting all holiday season long.
What I love about this Recipe
- Great for gifts
- Kids can help make
- Perfect holiday dessert
- Festive cookie
This holiday cookie staple starts off as classic sugar cookies with some festive sugar crystals added for color.
It’s easy recipes like this that keep me in the kitchen during the holidays. I just love making all the things!
Here’s what you need:
- Unsalted butter
- Pure vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Red and green sugar crystals
- Hershey’s Sugar Cookie Kisses
How to Make these Hershey Kiss Sugar Cookies
Below is a visual walk through of the recipe instructions. You can find and print the details using the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
To start, preheat oven to 350°F and line an ungreased cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Or use a stand mixer if you prefer.
Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
Pour in the milk and mix until fully incorporated.
Gently fold in the red and green sugar crystals into the dough.
Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the dough and roll balls between your hands. Then, place on the lined baking sheet. Continue rolling until all the dough balls have been created.
Bake until the edges of the cookies are just beginning to brown and remove from the oven.
While the cookies are still warm, gently press one of the Hershey kisses into the center of each cookie.
Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for five minutes, then transfer them to a wire cooling rack to cool to room temperature before serving.
These easy cookies are such a fun twist on the classic blossom cookie. It’s such a versatile recipe and you can really make it your own.
Here are a few more ideas to try:
- Peanut butter blossom cookies made with peanut butter cookie dough and a chocolate kiss
- Add peppermint extract to the sugar cookies instead of vanilla and top with candy cane kisses
- Use pastel sugar crystals and top with birthday cake Hershey’s kisses to make Easter blossom sugar cookies
These cookies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container or zip top bag for 3-5 days.
If you want to prepare the dough ahead of time, I recommend rolling the sugar cookie mix into balls and placing the baking sheet in the freezer.
When frozen, transfer to an airtight container and return to the freezer. When stored properly, they can be frozen for several months.
When ready to bake, thaw the cookies in the fridge overnight and continue with the recipe when thawed.
Print the Recipe
These Christmas sugar cookie blossoms are perfect for cookie swaps, gifts, holiday parties or Christmas day! Leave some out for Santa and watch them disappear.
For more cookie recipes, try these Double Chocolate Caramel Cookies or Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookie Bars. Enjoy!
Holiday Sugar Cookie Blossoms
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoon Red and green sugar crystals one Tbsp each or so
- 24 Hershey’s Sugar Cookie Kisses
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the bowl and mix until smooth.
- Pour in the milk and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the red and green sugar crystals and carefully fold them into the dough.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the dough and roll it into a ball between your hands. Place it on the lined baking sheet. Continue rolling until all the dough has been formed into balls.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until the edges of the cookies are just beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and while the cookies are still warm, press one Kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for five minutes, then transfer them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before serving.
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.