Hummus deviled eggs are as easy to make as the classic recipe but with an added kick of flavor and texture making the perfect savory snack. Honestly, I haven’t met a deviled egg I didn’t like and I’m always looking for new recipes to try.
This recipe is so easy to make and delicious, you won’t want to wait for a holiday or cookout to enjoy. Make them anytime!
Hummus Deviled Eggs Ingredients
The shopping list is small and you may have these things already!
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Lemon juice
- Hot sauce
- Smoked paprika
Start with Hardboiled Eggs
You can boil eggs in a few ways but I tend to stick with the same two. They both take about the same amount of time so do what works for you!
Instant Pot Hardboiled Eggs Method
To boil eggs in an Instant Pot:
- Place rack in the bottom of the pot insert
- Add 1 cup water
- Place eggs on rack
- Attach lid and close vent
- Set cook time for 5 minutes on high
- Let pressure naturally release for 5 minutes
- Depressurize and remove eggs
- Plunge into ice bath for 5 minutes before peeling
Stovetop Hardboiled Eggs
To boil eggs on the stove:
- Add eggs to a saucepan and cover with water
- Put on the burner and turn it on high with the eggs in the pan
- Set timer for 17 minutes
- Let water come to a boil and cook until the timer goes off
- Plunge eggs into an ice bath for about 5 minutes before peeling
For the best peeling experience, don’t skip the ice bath! It’s worth the wait. I promise.
Have leftovers? Here are a few ideas for what to do with leftover hard boiled eggs.
How to Make Hummus Deviled Eggs
Once your eggs are boiled, the process is simple!
Slice eggs lengthwise down the center creating two halves.
Remove egg yolks and place them in a medium size bowl.
Add hummus, lemon juice, and hot sauce to the yolks.
Mash and mix with a fork until the yolks are completely mashed and the ingredients are well mixed. Taste and mix in salt to taste.
Using a spoon or a pastry bag fill the egg whites with the egg yolk mixture.
Finely chop the fresh parsley and lightly sprinkle the eggs with parsley and smoked paprika.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
More Ways to Enjoy Hummus and Eggs
If you are loving this flavor combo, then be sure to try these ideas!
- Hummus and eggs toast – Spread the filling on toasted bread and add the egg whites on top. Sprinkle with paprika
- Make scrambled eggs and add to a breakfast wrap with hummus spread
- Eat hummus deviled eggs as a snack or top with bacon and serve with carrots and peppers to make it a meal
- Try this recipe using our edamame hummus for a totally different flavor
Print the Recipe: Hummus Deviled Eggs
Adding hummus to your classic deviled eggs recipes is a great way to kick up the flavor and enjoy this dish in a new way.
And if you love these, next time be sure to try our buffalo deviled eggs!
They would be perfect on your Easter brunch menu, game day table, or any day of the week!
Hummus Deviled Eggs Recipe
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 6 Large Hard Boiled Eggs
- ½ Cup Hummus
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Hot Sauce
- Pinch of Salt
- Fresh Parsley
- Smoked Paprika
- First peel and rinse the hard boiled eggs.
- Slice eggs lengthwise down the center creating two halves.
- Remove egg yolks and place them in a medium size bowl.
- Add hummus, lemon juice, and hot sauce to the yolks. Mash and mix with a fork until the yolks are completely mashed and the ingredients are well mixed. Taste and mix in salt to taste.
- Using a spoon or a pastry bag fill the egg whites with the egg yolk mixture.
- Finely chop the fresh parsley and lightly sprinkle the eggs with parsley and smoked paprika.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.