Instant Pot Monkey Bread
on Sep 21, 2022, Updated Mar 31, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This easy Instant Pot monkey bread recipe is perfect for fall mornings. Diced biscuit dough, cinnamon sugar, melted butter, and walnuts all baked into a delicious breakfast or snack option.
A warm, gooey biscuit in the morning is one of my favorite things. I love the simple ingredients, quick prep, and easy recipe for those lazy Saturday mornings.
Or if you want something savory, try this pull apart pizza bread recipe.
This Instant Pot Monkey Bread Recipe Is…
- Simple Recipe
- Gooey Monkey Bread
- Easy Dessert or Breakfast
- Uses Canned Biscuits
- Easy Pressure Cooking Recipe
Granulated Sugar – You will use white sugar as the base to the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Cinnamon – The cinnamon is one of the main flavors to the base of the monkey bread.
Canned Biscuits – Reach for your can of biscuits and dice up into small biscuit pieces.
Walnuts – If you enjoy a crunch toss in the walnuts to add to the monkey bread.
Brown Sugar – The brown sugar adds a nice caramel-like flavor to the monkey bread.
Butter – Butter or margarine is needed for this recipe as well.
How to Make
Full directions on how to make this easy monkey bread recipe are in the printable recipe card. The full directions are below. These instructions are based on a 6-quart Instant Pot.
Step One: In a medium bowl add your cinnamon and sugar mixture. Mix together and set aside.
Step 2: Cut your biscuits into pieces using a knife or kitchen shears. Then place each biscuit piece into the cinnamon and sugar mixture, coating well.
Step 3: Next spray your bundt pan with cooking spray. Then place the biscuits into the pan spreading them around.
Sprinkle in chopped walnuts among the dough if desired.
Step 4: Melt butter and add in the brown sugar. Pour evenly over the biscuit pieces.
Step 5: Add water into the bottom of the pot, and place a trivet inside.
Note: If your trivet doesn’t have handles, you can add a foil or silicone sling under the bundt pan to help lift it out when done.
Place the bundt pan inside the cooking pot on top of the trivet and/or sling. Close lid and make sure the valve is set to sealing.
Step 6: Pressure cook on high pressure for 25 minutes, followed by a quick pressure release.
Step 7: Let the dish cool to room temperature for 15 minutes and flip the plate over and pull apart the monkey bread and enjoy.
You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. This is an easy recipe to make and stores well in the fridge.
When you are ready to eat, heat it in the microwave using a microwave-safe bowl or warm in the oven.
Tips For Success
- Make sure to spray the bundt pan with a nonstick cooking spray to prevent it from sticking.
- The biscuit pieces need to be evenly coated in the cinnamon mixture. You can add the cinnamon mixture into a Ziplock bag and shake the cut pieces of dough to coat them that way if you want.
- Make sure the bundt pan fits in the Instant Pot. Some normal bundt cake pan sizes will not fit.
- You can make a small bowl of icing to drizzle on top with powdered sugar and milk if you want to add more sweetness.
Common Questions Asked
Can I use cinnamon rolls instead of biscuits?
Yes you sure can use canned cinnamon rolls. You will dice it up the same as the biscuits, and roll in the sugar and then cook as the same.
Do I need a foil sling?
You can use an aluminum foil sling to place under the bundt pan if you don’t have a silicone sling. This will make it easy to lift the bundt pan out of the pan.
To make, fold your foil lengthwise a few times to make a long strip of foil. Then place under the pan and leave the ends sticking up on the sides of the pan. That way when you go to grab the foil, it lifts the pan right out of the pressure cooker.
Why do you add a water in the bottom of the Instant Pot?
Water is needed so that the electric pressure cooker can come to pressure. The water is going to heat up and create pressure which then allows your food to cook. You have to have a cup of water when cooking in the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Monkeybread
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cans biscuit dough, 16.3 oz each
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, if desired
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 TBSP butter, melted
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters. Place into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Coat well.
- Spray the Bundt pan with cooking spray. Add each biscuit piece evenly into the Bundt pan. If using, sprinkle in chopped walnuts with this step.
- In a small bowl, melt your butter/margarine. Once melted, add in brown sugar and mix well. Pour over the biscuit quarters evenly.
- Pour 1.5 cups of water to your Instant Pot. Place the Bundt pan on the trivet inside the Instant Pot.
- Cook on High Pressure for 25 minutes.
- Manually do a quick release by turning the valve with a towel or hot pad.
- Then, open the Instant Pot and transfer the Bundt pan and trivet to a cooling rack using a towel.
- Allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Place a plate over the top of the Bundt pan, then flip. Remove the Bundt pan by pulling up.
- Serve and eat with a fork, or fingers!! Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.