Nothing beats a hearty bowl of oatmeal on a chilly morning. Even better if it’s already made!
In fact, oatmeal is one of my favorite carbs because unlike sugary cereals, it really keeps me full all morning!
Note: my posts contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission from purchases made.
Instant Pot Oatmeal Toppings
Make Instant Pot oatmeal with steel cut oats or rolled oats and top with apples, cinnamon, honey or another favorite topping and you’re done.
Some topping ideas are:
- Fruit – blueberries, strawberries, bananas, kiwi, pomegranate seeds, blackberries, red raspberries, apples, peaches
- Chocolate chips
- Nuts – walnuts, pecans
- Dried cranberries, raisins
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Sliced coconut
- Maple Syrup
- Brown Sugar
I love the versatility of oatmeal because it changes so much depending on the toppings.
Make your oatmeal for the week in the Instant pot and try these yummy oatmeal recipes to change it up!
My go-to is maple syrup or apples with apple pie spice.
TIP: I like to add my chopped apples in with the oatmeal when I warm it up so they soften a bit.
So easy and delicious! And for the days when you want to give oatmeal a rest, why not learn how to make bagels? It’s easier than you think!
Easy Instant Pot Oatmeal Recipe
This is the year I will use my Instant Pot more and oatmeal is the perfect place to start.
Especially now that we are traveling and cooking more with groceries in our RV.
Perfect for my family of four!
- 1 cup rolled oats (*see below for steel cut oats)
- 1 cup milk or almond milk
- 1 cup water
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon cinnamon to taste
- Add all ingredients to instant pot
- Set to manual setting to high - 3 minutes for rolled oats or 6 minutes for steel cut oats
- Once the cooking time ends, let the pot natural release the pressurized steam for 20 minutes
- Carefully release value to release steam
- Serve oatmeal with toppings of your choice
- Store leftovers in refrigerator 3-5 days
Fruit - blueberries, strawberries, bananas, kiwi, pomegranate seeds, blackberries, red raspberries, apples, peaches
Nuts - walnuts, pecans
Dried cranberries, raisins
- For steel cut oats, be sure to double the water. All other amounts stay the same.
- Recipe can easily be doubled depending on the size of your Instant Pot, cooking time is the same.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 6gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
Nutrition information is estimated. Please confirm using your own ingredients. Toppings are not included in nutrition calculation