If your family is anything like mine, bananas are either gone in a day or sitting for a week. When I find myself with a bunch of overripe bananas, I reach for my trusty banana bread recipe. But what if you want to change it up? Today, I’m sharing 18 ways to use overripe bananas for those times when banana bread isn’t hitting the spot.
Lately, I’ve been slicing bananas and adding them to oatmeal with a little cinnamon and nutmeg for a hearty breakfast and it’s great for ripe or just past bananas. But for those times when we just let them go too far, it’s nice to have other options.
Whether you want to try banana stuffed french toast, make banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, or pop a tasty mug cake in the microwave, this list has something for everyone to enjoy!
18 ways to use overripe bananas
1. Easy Banana Bread
2. Banana Pudding
3. Steel Cut Oatmeal Pudding with Bananas and Strawberries
4. Peanut Butter Honey Banana Fudge
5. Banana Pudding Parfait
6. Banana Pecan Cake
7. Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie
8. Chocolate Chip Banana Fluffernutter Crepes
9. Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
10. Mini Banana Nut Muffins
11. Caramelized Banana Pecan Oatmeal
12. Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
13. Banana Pecan Coffee Cake
14. Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Stuffed French Toast
15. Caramel Banana Pie
16. Crispy Banana Fritters
17. Greek Yogurt Banana and Strawberry Breakfast Bowl
18. Banana Nut Scones with Maple Glaze
Not sure you are ready to use those bananas just yet? Peel them and throw them in a freezer bag for later! Use them frozen in a smoothie or thaw them out for your recipe. Boom. No more waste. Anyone else getting hungry?
What are your favorite ways to use overripe bananas? Share in the comments below!
See what else we’re cooking up with these tasty recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
If you shop through my advertising, you help keep this site afloat. Thank you!