Fall at Disney is one of my favorite things ever and right at the center of the fun is the iconic Mickey Mouse pumpkin. I love fun decorations, but when we can’t get to the parks, why not bring the magic home? I decided to make some Mickey Mouse pumpkin cookies to welcome fall and you can too! Will it be Disneyland or Walt Disney World?
I’ll be the first to admit that I’m no professional cookie decorator. But learning is half the fun of making cookies right? I’m willing to take one for the team here. The hardest part of making our Mickey Mouse pumpkin cookies was getting his face right. I’m still working on that, but the good news is, he’s delicious anyway!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Mickey Mouse Pumpkin Cookies
BOO to you! Halloween is the official start of our favorite season. I call it eating season, but whatever you want to say, there’s just something about fall that makes me want to be in the kitchen.
The past few years we’ve been lucky to visit Walt Disney World to get our Halloween fix, but this year we’re staying in NC. That won’t stop me from trying to create some cute Mickey Mouse pumpkin cookies though!
Disneyland Pumpkin or Disney World?
Chances are, you’re either team Disneyland or team Disney World. And if that’s the case, you probably have a favorite Mickey Mouse pumpkin! The classic Disneyland version is a giant pumpkin Mickey face with smaller pumpkins for ears.
At Walt Disney world, there are a few versions, but I chose the recent Mickey pumpkin with black ears that have green swirls on top. I can assure you though, both are delicious.
Mickey Mouse Pumpkin Cookie Recipe
Want to make your own? These are super cute and easy to make. My two main challenges were getting the candy melts to thin out and of course, the face details.
To make sure your candy melts properly melt to the consistency you need to dip the cookies, you’ll want to make sure you have some Crisco on hand. If you are planning to do multiple projects, you can also consider Paramount Crystals, which were designed specifically for this purpose.
I decided to use lollipop sticks with my cookies to make dipping easier. You can leave them in or remove them after dipping if you’d rather serve them without.
I’ve laid out the instructions below and estimated the calories based on all the ingredients but as you can imagine, they will each be different based on what you use. Besides, who wants to think about calories during eating season?
Create these festive fall Mickey Mouse pumpkin cookies and bring a little Disney magic to your home! Whether you love Disneyland, Walt Disney World or both, we have some cookies for you!
- 12 Sandwich cookies
- 6 Mini sandwich cookies
- 12 Candy Pumpkins
- 1 tube Yellow Icing, as needed
- 1 tube Green Icing, as needed
- 1 tube Orange Icing, as needed
- 2 lbs Orange Candy Melts (may use less), as needed
- 1 tsp Crisco, as needed
- 12 lollipop sticks
- Melt the orange candy melts slowly as directed on the package. Make sure you stir every single time you add more heating time as the melts will burn if too hot. If too thick, add Crisco one teaspoon at a time until desired consistency.
- Insert a lollipop sticks into each of the large cookies.
- Take apart mini cookies and remove creme
- For the Disneyland Mickey Mouse pumpkin cookies, dip the cookie, then use a dab of icing to attach pumpkins as Mickey ears.
- For the Disney World Mickey Mouse pumpkin cookies, first dip the large cookie and place a mini cookie piece in place as Mickey ears.
- Set on a cooling rack. (optional place in freezer to set more quickly)
- Use Orange icing to pipe pumpkin lines on both styles.
- Use Green icing to create swirls on the black Mickey ears.
- Use Green icing to create the stem and vine between the pumpkin ears on the Disneyland cookies.
- Use Yellow and/or black icing to draw Mickey's face.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300
Disney Halloween celebrations take it to the next level and we are here for it! Making these Mickey Mouse pumpkin cookies were such a fun way to welcome fall. Now to figure out our Halloween costumes!
Was this post helpful? Share and save for later!