Whether you are commemorating Memorial Day, celebrating the 4th of July or simply proud to be an American, these red, white, and blue patriotic cake mix cookies will sweeten your day!
Did you even know you can make cookies with cake mix? It’s one of the easiest baking hacks out there!
Using only 3 basic ingredients plus your mix-ins, you will love how easy this recipe is!
And you can make them for any occasion like this yellow cake mix cookie recipe for spring. Or if you want even more chocolate, try our patriotic brownie mix cookies or these fun July 4th cake balls.
Cake Mix Cookie Ingredients
For these patriotic cookies, we are using colorful chocolate candies (you know what they are), but you could use sprinkles instead or chocolate chips!
Patriotic Cake Mix Cookies Shopping list:
- White or Vanilla cake mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Mix-in (chocolate chips, candies or sprinkles – or all of the above!)
Cake Mix Cookie Baking Tips
Mix your 3 basic ingredients and gently stir in your mix-in, being careful not to over mix.
If you are using sprinkles, one or two turns with the spoon will do!
I also highly recommend adding parchment paper to your cookie sheet. It’s such a game changer!
I used to think parchment paper was only for “fancy” recipes but it has quickly become one of my favorite tools to use in the kitchen!
In under 20 minutes, you will have a plateful of delicious 4th of July cookies!
Patriotic Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
We love baking cookies for just about any holiday and I hope you love these.
Keep reading for more patriotic dessert ideas and for a no-bake option, these firecracker marshmallow pops are the perfect treat!
And if you want chocolate instead, you will love these easy chocolate icebox cookies.
Patriotic Cake Mix Cookies
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 1 box 15.25 oz white cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup mix ins – combine your choice of ¼ cup each of red and blue jimmie sprinkles or ¼ cup white chocolate chips and ¼ cup red and blue chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs and oil
- Slowly stir in additional mix-ins, if desired **see notes
- Evenly divide dough with cookie scoop or tablespoon
- Place on prepared cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool on pan for 5 minutes
- Transfer to finish cooling on wire rack
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.