4th of July Patriotic Marshmallow Pops
on Jun 09, 2020, Updated Feb 09, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Patriotic marshmallow pops are such a fun and easy 4th of July snack to make with kids! All you need are some marshmallows, sprinkles, candy melts and licorice!
Summertime is the best and one of my family’s favorite holidays is the 4th of July. We love to grill out, make patriotic snacks and eat all day!
I mean… America right?
So these firecracker marshmallow pops are not only delicious, they are also a great activity that kids can join in on!
How to Make Firecracker Marshmallow Pops
Start by melting your candy melts. I always recommend adding a little bit of Crisco or other shortening to keep a nice smooth consistency.
If you leave it out and notice the chocolate becoming lumpy, it has overheated and seized up .
Place a marshmallow on each straw and cut a small slit in the top of the marshmallow.
Dip each marshmallow and immediately add the sprinkles and licorice “fuse”.
Then let dry on a piece of wax paper
Once your treats are cooled and set you can eat them right away or save them to share with a friend!
You can’t go wrong with marshmallows and candy melts! For some crunch, be sure to try our marshmallow cereal clusters!
I love food that doubles as a kid’s activity. It really makes these long summer days a little bit sweeter.
For more 4th of July ideas, be sure to check out these posts:
Patriotic Firecracker Marshmallow Pops
- 20 jumbo size marshmallows
- 1 package red melting chocolate, with optional shortening to help with melting
- 2 pieces black or chocolate licorice
- 1 container red, white, and blue sprinkles
- 10 paper straws, cut in half
- Place one marshmallow on top of each paper straw. Use a knife to cut a small slit in the top of each marshmallow.
- Cut 20 small strips of black licorice to use as the fire cracker fuse.
- Melt red chocolate according to package instructions.
- Dip a marshmallow into the melted chocolate and immediately sprinkle the sprinkles along the bottom of the marshmallow.
- Carefully place the black licorice into the slit on top of the marshmallow.
- Place the coated marshmallows on a piece of waxed paper and allow them to cool completely before serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.