We love cereal in this house whether it’s in a bowl with milk or in a recipe like cereal bars or these colorful cereal clusters made with DunkAroos!
If your family is like mine, you’ve never met a cereal you didn’t love.
From time to time, our friends at General Mills send us cereal to try and this month I was so excited to throw it back to the 1990s with the new DunkAroos cereal!
Genereal MIlls didn’t ask me to, but when I saw this cereal, I knew I had to make some fun unicorn cereal clusters with them.
Or as I like to say DunkaROOnicorn clusters. 🦄
Get it? Get it?
Anyway, these treats are totally easy to make and such a fun dessert, especially for kids!
Cereal Clusters Shopping List
The fun part about this recipe is that you can pretty much use whatever you want outside of a few basic ingredients.
Here is what you will need:
- DunkAroos Cereal
- Candy Melts (I used pink, purple, and blue)
- Colorful sprinkles
How to make Cereal Clusters
These treats are so easy to put together.
First, melt together the marshmallows and butter in the microwave.
Then add the cereal to the melted mixture and stir.
Once it’s mixed in pretty well, make small cluster balls with your hands.
TIP: I like to spray a little cooking spray on my hands to keep the mix from sticking to my hands.
Using the microwave, melt your candy melts one color at a time.
Allow each color drizzle to set before adding the next one.
While the final color is still wet, add some sprinkles and let set.
Then you are ready to serve and enjoy!
- 5 Cups Dunkaroos Cereal
- 6 oz Marshmallows (about half a bag of the large size)
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1/2 Cup pink candy melts
- 1/2 Cup purple candy melts
- 1/2 Cup turquoise candy melts
- 2 TBSP Sprinkles
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat marshmallows and butter 30 seconds at a time until melted
- Stir in cereal
- Divide into 24 ball-shaped clusters (spray hands with non-stick spray to make this easier!)
- Melt one color of candy at a time and drizzle over clusters, letting each color set before adding the next one.
- While the final color is still wet, add sprinkles if desired
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 48mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is estimated and may vary based on products used. Please verify with your ingredients.