Blue Velvet Dunkaroo Dip Recipe
on Mar 22, 2022, Updated Apr 04, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Make this quick and easy dunkaroo dip recipe for an after school treat or party using blue velvet cake mix, Cool whip, cream cheese, and colorful sprinkles.
Serve it with fruit or your favorite cookies for a snack the whole family will love.
The original Dunkaroos were practically a food group for most every 90’s kid and even in the early 2000s. Now that they are making a comeback in various ways, this easy dunkaroo dip is more popular than ever.
I had fun making some Dunkaroos cereal clusters a while ago and the snacks just keep on coming.
Dunkaroo Dip is a sweet and colorful dip that is great for birthday parties, Easter celebrations, after-school snacks or even a baby shower.
Ingredients/What to Buy
Make your own dunkaroo dip with a few simple ingredients. This easy recipe is no bake and served cold or at room temperature.
- Your favorite sprinkles (use rainbow sprinkles, mermaid sprinkles (these are from Michael’s) or even chocolate chips)
- 15oz Whipped Topping (Cool Whip is my favorite)
- 18oz Box of cake mix (Blue Velvet will make a blue dip, feel free to use vanilla cake mix or even a box of funfetti cake mix)
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- Cookies and/or fruit (for dunking)
I love that cake mix is so versatile and can be used for so much more than just cake. Check out our cake mix hacks for even more ways to make the most of your box cake mix.
How to Heat Treat Cake Mix for Cake Mix Dip
This easy dessert dip does not require any baking. However, it is unsafe to eat raw cake mix straight from the box so we will want to heat treat it in the microwave before mixing.
First, add cake mix to a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between each until the mix reaches a temperature of 160°F.
I have a Thermopen for measuring temperatures and it works great but any candy thermometer should work.
Combine Cold Ingredients
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooled cake mix, cream cheese & whipped topping and combine using an electric mixer.
Gently pour in the milk and stir to combine.
Transfer the creamy dip to a serving bowl and cover with sprinkles.
Serve with your favorite snacks and enjoy!
What to Serve with Dunkaroo Dip
Add an assortment of your favorite dippers to a platter to serve with homemade dunkaroo dip. There are so many options to choose from! Here are a few ideas.
- Vanilla wafers
- Animal crackers
- Graham crackers
- Apple slices
- Various little cookies or a lot of Teddy Grahams in small cups
- Pretzel sticks
- Chocolate icebox cookies
Print the Recipe
Easy Dunkaroo dip is the perfect dessert for a birthday party or everyday celebration with friends. Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to a week.
Dunkaroo Dip – Cake Mix Dip
- 1/4 cup Sprinkles, approximately/to taste
- 15 oz Whipped Topping
- 18 oz Blue Velvet Cake Mix
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- Add raw cake mix to a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments, stirring between each until the temperature reaches 160°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooled cake mix, cream cheese & whipped topping using an electric mixer.
- Pour in the milk and stir to combine.
- Transfer cake mix dip to a serving bowl and top with sprinkles
- Serve with cookies or fruit and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.