Deck the halls and check out these Santa hat Jello shots! Start with your favorite red gelatin flavor and add vodka to make a festive adult treat that is topped with a fresh strawberry and whipped cream.
These are a fun Christmas jello shots recipe that are great for a grown-up Christmas party.
These Santa hat jello shots are served in plastic shot glasses to hand out to all your friends and guests. If you ask me, Santa shooters are a must for holiday parties this time of year. They are oh so jolly!
Serve up this Christmas snack board at your holiday part next to the Christmas shooters.
These Santa Hat Jello Shots Are…
- Simple Ingredients
- Use Strawberry Jello or Cherry Jello
- Topped with Fresh Strawberries
- Great for Christmas Time
These are quick and easy to make so you’ll be party ready in no time.
Jello Mix – Use any red colored Jello you like.
Vodka – To make these with alcohol, vodka is a great choice for this strawberry jello shots recipe. You can also replace the vodka with more water to make them kid-friendly.
Whipped Cream – Use whipped cream and a piping bag to decorate the jello shots. Or just grab a can of Reddi-wip. My favorite is the extra creamy version in the blue can.
Strawberries – Top with the perfect fresh strawberry Santa hats.
How to Make Santa Hat Holiday Jello Shots
The full directions are in the printable recipe card.
This is a quick walk through on how to make these fun themed shots for Christmas.
First, boil the measured water and stir in the Jell-O mixture. Make sure it all dissolves in the water.
Then add the cold water and vodka in. Mix until it is no longer steaming.
Pour the jello into 2oz shot glasses and refrigerate until the gelatin sets. Place cups on a cookie sheet to help transfer to the refrigerator.
For the hat, add whipped cream to the top of each cup followed by an upside down strawberry.
Finish with a dab of whipped cream on top of the strawberry to mimic a Santa hat and enjoy!
Variations and Tips for Success
- Skip the alcohol to make a kid-friendly treat for the holiday season. Just replace the amount of vodka with cold water.
- Use a cookie sheet that is rimmed for a flat surface for the jello shots. This will make moving from the counter to the fridge easy.
- Try champagne to make a champagne jello shots instead of vodka.
- Use a vanilla vodka or other flavored alcohol to enhance the flavor.
- Make these low-sugar using sugar-free gelatin and whipped cream.
Refrigerate – Store Jell-O shots in the fridge in an airtight container without the toppings.
Add the strawberries and whipped cream right before serving for best results. This will keep the cream fresh and keep the strawberry juices from spreading.
Common Questions Asked
Can you freeze jello shots?
You will find that jello does not freeze and thaw properly. So it is best to not freeze your jello shots. You can place them in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to help the gelatin set faster. Just don’t leave them in there for too long.
Go right ahead and double the recipe if you want. This is a great recipe to double or even triple in size. So make as many or few as you want for your holiday party needs.
Print the Recipe
Share or print the recipe below for all your holiday festivities.
Santa Hat Jello Shots
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 1 3 oz. box of cherry or strawberry gelatin mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup vodka if not using vodka use 1 ½ cup of boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- whipped cream topping
- 12 strawberries with tops removed
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Once water is boiling whisk in gelatin until fully dissolved.
- Allow the mix to cool slightly and then add in the cold water and vodka (if using), whisk to combine.
- Allow the mixture to further cool until it is no longer steaming.
- Place the shot cups on a tray and pour the jello mixture into the cups.
- Refrigerate until fully set.
- Before serving, pipe a layer of whipped cream on the top to make the brim of Santa’s hat. Then add an upside down strawberry.
- Finish with a dab of whipped cream on top of the strawberry.
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.