Grab that crock pot and whip up this pork shoulder Coca Cola pulled pork! It takes four ingredients to make and cooks low and slow all day for hands off dinner prep.
Tender juicy pork that makes the best pulled pork sandwiches offers a savory and sweet flavor which leaves you wanting more.
This easy pulled pork recipe is great for those days where you know you don’t have time to cook. Just throw the pork roast and ingredients in the crock pot and let it cook all day.
Then when you come home you have tender pork that shreds perfectly. Not to mention your kitchen will smell amazing!
Make sure to check out these French onion pork chops for another amazing pork recipe.
This Coca Cola Pulled Pork Is…
- Great for football season
- An easy weeknight dinner
- Tasty on hamburger buns or slider rolls
- Easy to make in the Crock Pot
Pork – You will want to use a pork roast. You could do a pork shoulder roast, pork butt, etc.
Coca Cola – The cola is going to really give this pork a sweet twist. If you are not a fan of Coke you could swap with Dr. Pepper if you want.
Liquid Smoke – The liquid smoke gives this a smokey flavor like it cooked on the grill.
BBQ Sauce- Reach for any brand of your favorite barbecue sauce.
Salt and Black Pepper – You will salt and pepper the pork, and then as you need season more at the end to adjust flavors.
How to Make
Full steps on how to make this slow cooker Coke pulled pork is in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a quick walk through.
Step One: Place pork roast in the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.
Step Two: Next you will pour the cola over the top of pork and add the liquid smoke.
Step Three: Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low as directed. You can opt for high temperature if you want but you will need to reduce the cook time.
Step Four: Once the meat is cooked, allow it to rest before shredding.
Step Five: Stir in add bbq sauce and serve on buns with classic coleslaw or over a baked potato.
- Season with onion powder, garlic powder, or Worcestershire sauce to enhance the flavor.
- Sear the pork roast in olive oil in a skillet before placing in the slow cooker.
- Swap Coca Cola with root beer, dr pepper, or another dark soda. This helps tenderize the meat.
- Slice an onion and place on the bottom of the slow cooker. Then place pork on top of the onions.
Store any shredded pork you don’t eat right away in an airtight container in the fridge. The pork will store for 3-4 days.
Reheat the pork in the microwave or in a skillet on the stove.
You can also freeze any pork you don’t eat for 4-5 months. Make sure it is in a freezer bag or freezer container.
You can serve your pulled pork on a burger bun, slider buns, top nachos, or a baked potato. You can also take coleslaw and place on top for added crunch.
Make sure that you don’t overcook your pork. Grab a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the pork.
Allow the pork to rest 5-10 minutes before you shred it, so it helps lock in the juices of the pork.
Print the Recipe Card
Coca Cola Pulled Pork
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 4 pounds pork shoulder roast
- 12 ounces Coca Cola
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Place the pork shoulder in the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the soda over the pork and add the liquid smoke.
- Set the slow cooker to cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours.
- When the meat is cooked through, remove it from the pot and shred it. Add the BBQ sauce and stir to coat before serving.
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.