Melt in Your Mouth Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
on Mar 06, 2023, Updated Mar 29, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Decadent strawberry cheesecake cookies might just be your new favorite treat! Made with strawberry cake mix, white chocolate chips and then stuffed with a sweet cream cheese mixture, these cookies are the BEST!
If you are a fan of strawberries and cheesecake you will love the cream cheese balls that are hidden inside each of these soft baked strawberry cookies.
And of you want a breakfast option, you will love these strawberry cheesecake crescent rolls!
This Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberry Cookie Recipe Is..
- An easy cake mix cookie recipe
- Stuffed with cheesecake filling
- Great for birthday parties, pool parties, summer cookouts and more
- Perfect sweet treat after a long day at work or school
Make this delicious strawberry cookies recipe and win over a crowd with one single bite.
- Strawberry cake mix: This serves as the base for the cookies and provides the strawberry flavor. Cake mix is often used in cookie recipes to simplify the baking process, as it contains many of the dry ingredients needed to make cookies (like flour and sugar) already mixed together.
- Vegetable oil: This is a type of fat that contributes to the cookies’ texture, making them soft and moist. Oil is often used in baking as a substitute for butter or margarine, which can result in a denser, chewier cookie.
- Cream cheese: This is the base to the cheesecake filling. Use a regular full fat cream cheese for this, as it will offer a rich and creamy texture.
- Pure vanilla extract: This adds a sweet full flavor to the cookies, and enhances the other ingredients.
- White chocolate chips: For bursts of creamy, sweet flavor and texture in the cookies. The chips may also contribute to the cookies’ softness and moistness.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar is used to help sweeten the cream cheese filling in these delicious cookies for that perfect cheesecake filling.
How to Make Them
In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, vanilla, and eggs using a hand mixer until the mixture is smooth.
Add the white chocolate chips and mix again. Then chill the bowl in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Then, in a medium-large bowl, use an electric hand mixer to combine the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until the mixture is smooth.
Line a tray with parchment paper. Then, using a cookie scoop, spoon the cream cheese mixture into 12 balls and drop them onto the parchment paper.
Place the tray in the freezer for 40 minutes, or until the cream cheese mixture is firm.
After chilling time, take about 1 and a half inches of the chilled cookie mixture roll it into a ball, and place it on the parchment paper.
Repeat with the remaining cookie mixture until you have 12 cookie balls. Place the baking sheet with the cookie balls back in the fridge for 40 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Remove the chilled cookie balls from the fridge and flatten them out. Place a cream cheese ball in the center of each flattened cookie.
Roll the cookie dough around the cream cheese ball to form a ball, making sure the cream cheese is fully covered.
Once all of the cookie balls are formed, place them in the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
When the cookies are done, take them out of the oven and gently press a few white chocolate chips into each cookie. Then, let them cool.
Enjoy your delicious cream cheese-filled strawberry cookies!
Tips for Success
- If the cookie mixture is to sticky when handling, place into fridge for 20 more minutes.
- Add more chocolate chips to the outside of dough balls before placing into the oven.
- Make sure you can’t see any cream cheese when you roll it into a ball so it doesn’t leak out.
- Use prepared large baking sheets so that the strawberry cake mix cookies have room to spread out a bit as they bake.
- Don’t overmix the cookie batter or it can make the cookies dense instead of that light and fluffy texture.
- Regular full-fat cream cheese does work best for this, as light cream cheese can break down a bit more as it bakes.
- Use a small cookie scoop for the cheesecake filling and a larger cookie scoop for the dough. That way the cookies bake evenly. This scoop set has a nice variety of sizes.
Variations to Recipe
- Top with some fresh fruit once baked. You can spread a little cream cheese frosting on top, then garnish with a sliced strawberry.
- Instead of cream cheese base you could do a piece of Hershey’s chocolate for a delicious chocolate strawberry cheesecake cookies recipe.
- Make homemade strawberry cookie dough instead of using a boxed cake mix.
- Add a splash of lemon juice or lemon zest to the cream cheese filling.
- Add chopped strawberries to the cheesecake filling for added flavor. Or freeze-dried strawberries.
- Change up the flavor of cake mix used if you want. Even a vanilla cake would be tasty.
- Add a small dollop of strawberry jam to center to make strawberry jam cookies.
- Feel free to use other chocolate chip flavors instead of white chocolate.
Refrigerate – You will refrigerate the cookies that you do not eat right away. Once the cookies have cooled, place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. As the cookies sit they will dry out a bit, so they are best eaten within the first few days of being made.
Freezing – This strawberry cream cheese cookies recipe does freeze as well. Place baked and fully cooled cookies in a single layer in an airtight container or zip top bag.
Place a layer of wax paper between the cookies when stacking. Then freeze for 4-5 months. Thaw in the fridge for up to 24 hours before you plan to eat.
Does this cookie recipe double?
Want to make an extra batch of these sweet buttery cookies? Just make a double batch in your stand mixer and then bake the cookies in batches.
The delicious flavor of the strawberry cheesecake cookies is one that gets everyone! So having extra on hand is great as they always disappear quickly.
Do I have to add the cheesecake filling?
No you do not have to have the cheesecake creamy center if you do not want. You can leave out the cream cheese, replace it with something else like chocolate, or just make classic strawberry cookies. Either way you can leave it out and bake the cookies until they are done.
Print the Recipe
Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
For the Cookies:
- 15 oz strawberry cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a large bowl mix cake mix, oil, vanilla and eggs with a hand mixer until nice and smooth. Add in white chocolate chips and mix again.
- Place bowl into fridge for 20 minutes.
- In a medium-large bowl mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Mix with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Place parchment paper on a tray, using a cookie scoop, spoon 12 cream cheese balls and drop onto paper. Place in freezer for 40 minutes or until cheesecake mixture is firm..
- Remove cookie mixture from refrigerator. Then, place parchment paper on a large baking sheet and scoop 12 cookie dough balls on to the pan. Place inside fridge again for 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Take the cookies out of the fridge and flatten each dough ball with the bottom of a glass.
- Place 1 cream cheese ball on a cookie and roll into a ball using hands, making sure the cream cheese is fully covered so it doesn’t leak out. Repeat for the rest of the cookies.
- Once all rolled out, transfer the pan into preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and gently press a few more chocolate chips into each cookie. Cool and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.