Add delicious chocolate covered Ritz cracker pops with peanut butter filling to your holiday season menu this year. These treats are a delicious no bake dessert that everyone will love.
All you need is 30 minutes and a few ingredients.
Get the kids involved and make it a fun family activity. It’s fun to see how everyone decorates these yummy treats.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Ritz Pops – Shopping List
Here’s what you need to have on hand and a few extra goodies for decorating. Don’t worry about perfection. Delicious Ritz cracker cookies taste great no matter how they look!
There’s just something about a sweet and salty snack that hits the spot!
- Ritz crackers
- Creamy peanut butter
- Milk chocolate chips (or chocolate almond bark)
- Red melting chocolate
- Red and Green melting chocolate
- Lollipop sticks (a cake pop stick or popsicle stick works too)
- Crisco (optional)
- Holiday sprinkles
Prepare the Peanut Butter Crackers
On a cookie sheet or flat surface lined with wax paper, lay out your crackers and spread a thick layer of peanut butter over the top of each cracker.
To make cracker pops, take a lollipop stick and press it into the center of each cracker. Then top with another cracker and gently press it on top of the peanut butter to form a sandwich.
In a small mixing bowl, melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval.
Once the chocolate is smooth, carefully dip each side of the cracker in the hot melted chocolate. Use a spoon to coat the bottom and sides if needed.
Then, use a fork to gently lift the cracker out of the bowl. Lightly tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove the excess chocolate.
Place the coated cracker back on the wax paper.
Continue dipping the crackers until all the peanut butter sandwich cookies are coated in chocolate.
Decorate Your Peanut Butter Cookies
Allow the chocolate coating to harden, then in a separate microwave safe bowl for each, melt the red and green chocolate candy melts in 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals.
Optional: I like to add a little Crisco to my melts for a smoother finish.
Add each color to a piping bag and drizzle it over the top of the crackers.
Top with holiday sprinkles while the chocolate is still melted. Be sure to allow time for the decorative chocolate to set before serving.
Christmas time is such a fun time to try easy recipes and really make them cute.
Feel free to change up the sprinkles, dip the cracker sandwiches in other colors or decorate with alternative ideas like Christmas trees or crushed peppermints.
For an even sweeter cookie, add a layer of marshmallow fluff to the peanut butter.
Print the Recipe
- 30 Ritz crackers
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips (Almond bark also works)
- 1/3 cup red melting chocolate
- 1/3 cup green melting chocolate
- 1/4 cup Holiday sprinkles
- 15 lollipop sticks
- Lay 15 Ritz crackers on a flat surface.
- Spread a thick layer of peanut butter over the top of each cracker.
- Press a lollipop stick into the center of each cracker and top it with another cracker.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval.
- Carefully dip each side of the cracker in the chocolate, using a spoon to coat the bottom and sides.
- Lift the cracker out of the bowl with a fork and lightly tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove the excess chocolate.
- Place the coated cracker on a piece of waxed paper and continue dipping the crackers until they have all be coated in chocolate.
- Melt the red and green chocolate in separate bowls in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Place each color in a piping bag and drizzle it over the top of the crackers.
- Top with holiday sprinkles while the chocolate is still melted.
- Allow the decorative chocolate to set before serving and enjoy!
For help with melting chocolate, add a small amount (about a teaspoon) of Crisco to the chocolate and stir.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is estimated and may vary based on products used. Please verify with your ingredients.
Have you noticed the fancy blue button I recently added to my posts? I’m excited to be one of Google’s paid early testers for their Thank with Google pilot program, which allows you to purchase a virtual sticker and send a personal message every time you decide to send a paid sticker. Thank with Google is an experimental feature that allows you to purchase a virtual sticker and directly show your appreciation for content on my website.
By choosing from a selection of virtual stickers, you can show your appreciation for the content you find the most helpful! As a creator, it’s always fun to connect with people who enjoy my blog. Plus, this feedback is super helpful to let me know what is resonating the most with you.
Look for the Thank with Google feature at the top and bottom of each blog post and in my sidebar. If you test it out let me know what you think! Thank you for reading and Happy Holidays!