This Christmas snack mix recipe is the the perfect salty and sweet treat to enjoy during the holidays. Using a mix of cereals, nuts, pretzels, and candy, you’ll want to enjoy this one over and over.
Make this family favorite for holiday movie nights, game night or as a festive addition to school lunches.
I love an easy recipe that takes little prep time.
Make sure to check out more Christmas goodies like my gnome dessert board or these Grinch gnome cookie cups.
What I love about this Christmas Snack Mix
- Has a sweet candy coating
- Christmas mix kids and adults can enjoy
- Easy ingredients
- Quick to make
- Fun Christmas party mix
- Great for movie night
Give this yummy mix a try for your Christmas parties. With easy to find ingredients you may have already, you can whip it up in no time.
- Chex cereal
- Honey Nut Cheerios cereal
- Pretzels – mini pretzels are used for this mix
- Holiday M&M’s
- White chocolate chips
- Christmas sprinkles
How to Make It
Full steps on how to make this Christmas snack mix are below. This is a quick walk through.
First, line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
Add the cereals, pretzels, and peanuts to your baking sheet, and stir to combine and mix.
Use a double boiler or microwave to heat the white chocolate chips slowly, until melted.
I prefer the microwave method for melting. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between. If needed, add a little bit of Crisco or coconut oil. This helps to keep the chocolate from seizing.
Pour the melted chocolate over top of your cereal mixture.
Use a spatula to mix the chocolate around to coat all of the mixture.
Allow the chocolate to cool just slightly, then top with M&Ms and sprinkles.
Leave the mix at room temperature, until chocolate is set.
Enjoy, store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Variations To Recipe
Here are a few ways to transform this sweet and salty Christmas Chex mix recipe with a few fun add-ins.
It is a good snack mix for the whole family!
- Try adding Muddy Buddies (puppy chow) with the candies for a chocolate twist.
- Add popcorn or pre-made caramel corn.
- Mix in some mini marshmallows.
- Drizzle with melted dark chocolate after coating the mixture.
You can store this party mix in an airtight container at room temperature for about 2 weeks.
Feel free to make a big batch of this festive snack mix and munch on it through the week.
These are also fun to use single serve bags to make for party guests for each person to have their own snack bag during school parties and celebrations.
Print the Recipe Card
Keep this one so you can make it again and again. Happy Holidays!
Christmas Snack Mix
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 4 cups corn chex cereal
- 3 cups honey nut cheerios
- 2 cups itty bitty mini pretzels
- ¾ cup roasted salted peanuts
- ½ cup red and green M&Ms
- ¼ cup Christmas sprinkles
- 24 ounces white chocolate chips about 2 bags
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Add the cereals, pretzels, and peanuts to your baking sheet, and mix together.
- Heat the white chocolate chips slowly, until melted. I like to microwave for 30 seconds at a time stirring in between intervals. TIP: add a small amount of crisco or coconut oil for smoother melting.
- Pour the melted chocolate over top of your cereal mixture.
- Use a spatula to mix the chocolate around to coat all of the mixture.
- Allow the chocolate to cool just slightly, then top with M&Ms and sprinkles.
- Leave the mix at room temperature, until chocolate is set.
- Enjoy, store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.