This Halloween Chex mix recipe is the the perfect salty and sweet treat to serve up for spooky season. Using Chex cereal, Reese’s pieces, Halloween M&M’s, Bugles, pretzels and a sweetened buttery coating, your guests will be asking for seconds!
This is a family favorite perfect for snacking at your football games or while you stream your favorite Halloween movies.
What I love about this Halloween Chex Mix Recipe
- Has a sweet candy coating over the snack mix
- Halloween mix kids and adults can enjoy
- Easy ingredients
- Quick to make
- Fun Halloween party mix
Give this yummy mix a try for your Halloween parties. With easy to find ingredients you may have already, you can whip it up in no time.
- Butter – I recommend using real butter not margarine.
- Brown Sugar – Firmly pack in the measuring cup.
- Rice Chex Cereal
- Pretzels – Any shape of pretzels work.
- Bugles – Reach for the original Bugles.
- Reese’s Pieces
How to Make It
Full steps on how to make this Halloween snack mix are below. This is a quick walk through.
Step One: Preheat your oven and prep your baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step Two: In a medium saucepan you want to melt your butter. Aim for medium heat.
Step Three: Add in the brown sugar, and heat on medium high, and cook until the mixture simmers.
Step Four: Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
Step Five: Place the cereal, pretzels and bugles on the baking dish and mix to combine.
Step Six: Pour the sauce over the mixture, and stir to coat all the ingredients.
Step Seven: Bake as directed. Make sure to stir half way through.
Step Eight: Allow your mixture to cool and then add to a bowl or tray and toss in the M&M’s and the Reese’s Pieces. Yum!
Variations To Recipe
Here are a few ways to transform this salty Halloween Chex mix recipe with a few fun add-ins.
It is a good snack mix for the whole family!
- Try adding Muddy Buddies (puppy chow) with the candies for a chocolate twist.
- Instead of the butter and brown sugar, swap with white chocolate. Melt the chocolate and coat all the ingredients, and spread out to dry.
- Add candy corn
- Use Pre-made caramel corn popcorn.
- Mix in your favorite Halloween candies or mini marshmallows.
- Try Corn Chex in addition to Rice Chex
- Add in some Halloween sprinkles with candy eyeballs, or ghost candies.
You can store this party mix in an airtight container at room temperature for about 2 weeks. Feel free to make a big batch of this festive snack mix and munch on it through the week.
These are also fun to use single serve bags to make for party guests for each person to have their own snack bag during school parties and celebrations. Then each person has their own snack bag for happy snacking!
Print the Recipe Card
Halloween Party Mix
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups rice chex
- 2 cups pretzels
- 2 cups bugles
- 1 cup M&Ms ghoul mix regular or peanut M&Ms
- ½ cup Reese’s Pieces
- Preheat your oven to 300°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter over medium heat, until melted.
- Stir in brown sugar, and heat over medium high, until it begins to simmer.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- To your baking sheet, add rice chex, pretzels, and bugles. Stir to combine and mix the ingredients.
- Pour the sauce over the mixture.
- Stir the mixture to coat everything in the sauce.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly, and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add M&Ms and Reese’s pieces and toss together.
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.