Creamy Greek Yogurt Smoothie Recipe
on Jun 23, 2013, Updated Feb 09, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you’re looking for a tasty and easy Greek yogurt smoothie recipe, you’ve come to the right place.
I love a smoothie with Greek yogurt. This recipe is packed with protein, mixed berries, and spinach, and sweetened with a touch of honey. It’s so good!
I love smoothies, but I sort of got burned on them in college. I fell into the trap of eating unhealthy smoothies full of sugar and that totally defeated the purpose.
Little by little, I experimented with making my own smoothies, and I finally have one I am satisfied with!
What I Love about Greek Yogurt Smoothies
This recipe is delicious, good for me and sweet without being TOO sweet.
The ingredients are simple and fresh. It’s also versatile and you can easily swap ingredients to match your needs.
Here’s what you need to make this recipe. It’s packed with flavor!
- Plain Greek yogurt – I prefer full fat yogurt but you can use what you like. Greek yogurt is great for adding protein and flavor.
- Milk – Use your milk of choice. In this recipe I used 2% milk but Almond milk is a good alternative
- Spinach – Fresh spinach is what I recommend.
- Mixed berries – I keep frozen berries in the freezer because they last longer and are available whenever I need them. The mixture I used is a strawberry, blueberry, and raspberry combination.
- Banana – Fresh or frozen will work just fine.
- Honey – Use your favorite raw local honey for added health benefits.
Optional: use vanilla extract for a little extra flavor if desired.
How to Make it
The thing about making smoothies is how easy they are to prepare! Spend a few minutes gathering your ingredients and let your blender do the rest.
I like to add the milk first, then stack in the spinach followed by the frozen fruit and banana. Then top with yogurt and honey.
Give your fruit smoothie a few pulses to get started, then flip on the blend or smoothie function until creamy and smooth.
Enjoy right away!
Adding some liquid to the blender before adding solids helps everything combine together without overheating the motor.
Need a smoothie maker? I’m a big fan of the Ninja Nutri Bowl DUO!
Delicious Greek Yogurt Smoothie Recipe
Save or print this easy recipe and make this smoothie for breakfast, as an after-school snack or post-workout.
Easy Greek Yogurt Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 2 cups spinach
- 3/4 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tsp honey
- Add milk to blender and top with spinach and fruit
- Add the yogurt and honey and close the lid
- Blend all ingredients together and drink immediately. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Do you have a favorite smoothie recipe? Share it in the comments!
Read on for more family friendly recipes!