Easy Popcorn Shrimp Tacos with Avocado-Lime Slaw and Mango Salsa
on Apr 04, 2016, Updated May 16, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I’ve noticed something over the past few years. I love to cook. As the main hunter and gatherer of the family, I cook and meal-plan out of necessity. But, over the years, a little hobby has developed and I am loving it.
I don’t create a lot of recipes as I tend to be a follower when it comes to ingredients. That said, I’ve been getting a bit more brave and creative in the kitchen.
Last month, I made some delicious popcorn shrimp tacos using a recipe I found online. They were really good but I knew I wanted to make some changes for the next go around. This time, I am sharing my recipe with you!
Popcorn Shrimp Tacos with Avocado-Lime Slaw
The best part about this meal is the avocado-lime slaw. You can make it and eat it right away, but if you have time to let it sit for a few hours I highly recommend it. It’s so tasty!
Once you’ve made the slaw, all you need to do is bake the shrimp and put it all together. I think it’s safe to say we’ll be seeing a lot of popcorn shrimp tacos this summer!
Easy Popcorn Shrimp Tacos with Avocado-Lime Slaw
- 16 ounces Frozen Popcorn Shrimp
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 1 cup Cojita Cheese
- 4 Tbsp Mango Salsa
- 4 C Shredded Cabbage
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 C Cilantro, plus more to garnish
- 2 Limes
- 1/4 C Vegetable oil
- 1/4 C Water
- 1/2 C Sour Cream
- Add avocado and cilantro to food processor and pulse until fine. Pour in oil, water and lime juice (to taste – between 1 and 2 limes). Add sour cream and pulse until blended. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Bake popcorn shrimp according to package instructions (mine say 450 degrees for 10 minutes)
- Heat tortillas and layer slaw, shrimp, mango salsa, cheese and cilantro.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
What are your must-have summer meals? I’d love to hear what you are cooking up these days!