Swirly Twirly Gumdrop Punch
on Sep 22, 2022, Updated Mar 31, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Santa’s coming and he’s bring our favorite elf, Buddy, with him! I don’t know about you, but I love elf season and this year we have some swirly twirly gumdrop punch to add to the menu.
This sherbet punch is so fun and easy to make. Kids will love it and adults too! You know I have an adult version right?
So grab your favorite blanket, some tasty punch and enjoy a fun family movie night with your favorite 6-foot elf.
One of my favorite quotes from the movie elf is when Buddy says, “I passed through the seven levels of the candy cane forest, through the sea of swirly-twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel.“
I’m still working on a Lincoln tunnel dessert so for today, let’s work with the gum drops!
This is such an easy drink to make but it’s just enough extra to feel special and get you in the holiday spirit.
Here’s what you need to make this punch:
- Rainbow Sherbet
- Lemon-lime soda
- Strawberry or Cherry soda
- Whipped cream
- Gum drops candy
How to Make it
Start with some 9oz cups or small tumblers. You can add ice if desired but the sherbet will cool the drinks.
In each cup, add a scoop of lime or berry sherbet filling about 1/3 of each cup.
Then, slowly add lemon-lime into the glasses containing the lime sherbet and cherry soda into the glasses that contain the berry sherbet.
Top each with whipped cream and gumdrops. You can also add extra gum drops on stir sticks to make an extra fun garnish.
This is a quick and easy sweet drink that can be customized a few different ways.
- If you want to make an adult version of this punch, add one ounce of vodka or gin per cocktail glass.
- Make an orange flavored drink using orange sherbet and orange soda.
- Make this drink in a pitcher or punch bowl by using one tub of flavored sherbet and one 2 liter of soda. Garnish with whipped cream and gumdrops after pouring into glasses.
More Elf Watch Party Snacks
If watching elf is on your holiday must-do list every year, these snacks are for you! Make it an event Buddy would be proud of.
This is a fun little treat I made last year with sugar cookie cups and frosting. Buddy’s hat is a chocolate dipped strawberry. That makes it healthy right?
Elf Cupcakes – Play Party Plan
These cute cupcakes have Buddy’s 4 favorite food groups, candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup! You will love them.
Buddy the elf Chex mix – Betty Crocker
If you need something a little savory to complement all this sugar, look no further than this fun party mix!
Print the Recipe Card
What can I say? I guess I have an affinity for elf culture. Enjoy!
Swirly Twirly Gumdrop Punch
- 1 scoop lime sherbet
- 1 scoop berry sherbet
- 6 ounces lemon lime soda
- 6 ounces cherry soda
- 12 Gum drop candies
- 2 tbsp Whipped cream
- Scoop lime or berry sherbet into a small 9oz cup or tumbler. One scoop should fill about 1/3 of the cup.
- Once sherbet is scooped, pour lemon-lime soda over the lime sherbet and cherry soda over the berry sherbet.
- Top with whipped cream and a gumdrop
- Add 5 gumdrops to a stir stick and add to each drink for an extra cute garnish. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.