This 2-ingredient mini apple pie recipe made in a muffin tin is the perfect bite-sized snack. And the crust is made with cinnamon rolls, which makes the process even easier!
If you loved our apple pie bars, these muffin tin apple pies will be a great addition to your fall menu.
Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy.
Mini desserts are so much fun. Be sure to try these mini pumpkin pies too!
These little pies are so easy you will want to make them again and again. And they are great to throw in a lunchbox too!
To make, you will need:
- Regular roll of refrigerated cinnamon rolls – be sure to get the regular size for these and not jumbo. They are the perfect size for this simple pie dough that is packed with flavor.
- Apple pie filling – Apple pie filling is a real timesaver! Be sure to chop the apples into small pieces so you can fill each pie cup.
- Flour for rolling – just a sprinkle will do
- Muffin tin and nonstick cooking spray – for baking your tasty pies. This recipe calls for a regular size muffin tin, not a mini muffin pan.
How to Make Individual Apple Pies
I love how quickly this easy recipe comes together for a classic Thanksgiving dessert with a twist. Serve right away or keep them in an airtight container to enjoy whenever you want.
First, preheat the oven to 375°F and grease 8 muffin cups in a regular muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. For best results, make sure the bottom and sides of each muffin cup is coated.
Then, open the cinnamon roll package and separate each roll.
Sprinkle some flour on a work surface and use a rolling pin to roll each cinnamon roll until it’s flat. You can also use your fingers to flatten the rolls into small circles.
Carefully press each cinnamon roll pie crust into the prepared muffin pan to form a cup.
Open the apple pie filling and coarsely chop any large pieces.
Spoon about two heaping tablespoons into each cinnamon roll cup. Then bake.
When cooked through, allow to cool for a few minutes and drizzle the icing that came with the cinnamon rolls on top of the apple mixture.
This mini apple pie recipe would be great as is or topped with a variety of options. Here are a topping few ideas.
- A scoop of ice cream
- Cool whip or homemade whipped cream
- A sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- Add a crumb topping made of flour, brown sugar, and butter to the top of the apples before cooking
- Caramel sauce
- A few drops of lemon juice
If you like the mini pie idea, but want to change it up, you could always roll out some packaged or homemade pie crust and use a round cookie cutter to fit the muffin pan.
Or make these easy apple pie bars that use a shortbread crust.
Print the Recipe
There is nothing quite like a warm apple pie. I love this mini apple pie recipe because it’s a quick and easy way to enjoy a classic treat when you don’t have time to make a big pie.
Each one is just the right size to satisfy that classic apple pie craving!
They are the cutest little mini pies and the perfect way to kick off a great holiday season. Enjoy!
Mini Apple Pie Recipe
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 1 tube refrigerated cinnamon rolls regular size, 8 rolls per can
- 21 oz apple pie filling coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 375°F. Prepare a muffin tin by greasing the muffin cups. Be sure to cover the bottom and sides of each cup.
- Separate dough and press into and up sides of muffin cups. You should have 8 rolls to make 8 cups.
- Spoon about two generous tablespoons of apple pie filling into each cinnamon roll.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until rolls are golden brown
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes then drizzle icing that came with the cinnamon rolls over the top.
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.