Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad
on Apr 17, 2023, Updated May 17, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Strawberry banana cheesecake salad takes fresh strawberries, sweet bananas, creamy cheesecake filling and yogurt to make a creamy fruit salad the whole family will love.
This is the perfect salad side dish for a church potluck, party, summer BBQs or even as an after school snack.
This Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad Recipe Is
- Made with fresh fruit
- Refreshing cold dessert
- Fruity side dish
- Can be made ahead for the next day
If you love dessert salads, you need to add this creamy strawberry banana salad to your recipe box. It’s easy to make with simple ingredients and will be a huge hit.
Here’s what you need:
- Strawberry Banana Yogurt – or simply strawberry yogurt. This adds creaminess and flavor to the fluff.
- Instant cheesecake pudding mix – the dry pudding mix added to the yogurt acts as a thickening agent and also provides sweetness.
- Cool Whip – Thawed Cool Whip is perfect for lightening this cheesecake fruit salad. You can also use stabilized whipped cream if you prefer.
- Sliced bananas – for texture and flavor. Ripe bananas will be sweeter.
- Fresh strawberries – Delicious sweet strawberries elevate this
- Mini marshmallows – adds volume to fill out this delicious dessert.
How to Make it
Below is a visual walk through of the steps. A printable recipe card with detailed ingredients and instructions can be found at the end of this post.
In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt and instant pudding mix until well combined.
Gently fold in Cool Whip, and stir until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
Add in the bag of miniature marshmallows, sliced bananas, and sliced strawberries to the cheesecake mixture.
Note: The bananas will brown, so this recipe is best served quickly after making. If you’d like to make it ahead of time, do all of the steps except adding the fruit until just before serving.
Set aside a few banana slices and strawberry pieces to put over the top for serving, if desired.
Serve immediately or chill in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
Tips For Strawberry-Banana Cheesecake Salad
- Chill the mixture: This is the perfect make-ahead recipe. Whip up the cheesecake base and marshmallows the night before or morning of your event so it has time to chill. When ready to serve, fold in the different fruits so they stay fresh.
- Don’t over mix: Add ingredients and stir just until combined. Over mixing can cause the fluff to become watery and prevent it from setting properly.
- Garnish before serving: If you plan to garnish with additional fruit, add it just before serving.
Variations To Recipe
- Try a different pudding flavor like vanilla or banana pudding.
- Make homemade stabilized whipped cream instead of Cool Whip.
- Top with some crushed graham crackers for a crunch to the fruity dessert salad.
This easy recipe makes a great side dish and is best served right away. You can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days but the banana slices will brown. Be sure to stir it again before eating.
I do not recommend freezing this fluff salad.
Print the Recipe
This fluffy potluck salad is a great addition to any party table. You will love this simple recipe!
Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad
- 1 cup strawberry banana yogurt
- 3.4 ounce instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 cups bananas, sliced
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt and cheesecake pudding mix until well combined.
- Whisk in cool whip, stirring until everything is combined.
- Fold in marshmallows, bananas, and strawberries.
- Set aside a few banana slices and strawberry pieces to put over the top for serving, if desired.
- Serve, or chill in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.