Make a vintage Cherry fluff salad recipe just like Grandma used to make! This is one of the easiest no bake desserts to make for a crowd.
This classic recipe combines creamy whipped topping with pudding, pineapple and cherry pie filling for a cool, whipped dessert that is perfect for summer months.
For more tasty fluff recipes, be sure to save our Oreo Fluff and tasty Orange Creamsicle Fluff Salad.
This Cherry Fluff Recipe Is
- Great dessert for family gatherings, graduation, summer cookouts and more.
- Easy no bake dessert recipe
- Refreshing cold pink fluff dessert
- Fun for Valentine‘s Day or Mother’s Day
- Fruity side dish
This popular cherry fluff dessert salad is easy to make with simple ingredients. It’s the perfect recipe at family events or with a holiday meal on a hot summer night.
Here’s what you need:
- Instant vanilla pudding mix – the pudding acts as a thickening agent and also provides sweetness.
- Crushed pineapple in juice – Don’t drain the can of pineapple. You will need the juice for this recipe.
- Cool Whip – Thaw your Cool Whip and then let it be the fluff in this easy salad. You can also use freshly whipped cream if you prefer.
- Cherry pie filling – delicious cherry flavor and that pretty pink color
- Miniature Marshmallows – You can’t have a fluff salad without the marshmallows.
- Shredded coconut – for texture and added garnish (optional)
- Maraschino cherries – for topping and a splash of color. Fresh cherries also work if it’s cherry season.
How to Make it
Below is a visual walk through of the steps. A printable recipe card with detailed ingredients and instructions can be found at the end of this post.
In a large bowl, combine the instant vanilla pudding powder and crushed pineapple chunks with the juice. Stir it together until fully incorporated and the pudding mixture has thickened.
Fold in the Cool Whip with a rubber spatula. Do not over mix.
Add the cherry pie filling, shredded coconut, and mini marshmallows to the bowl and gently stir until evenly mixed.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours to chill and thicken.
When ready to serve, top with additional coconut shreds and cherries and enjoy!
Tips For Fluffy Salad Recipe
- Chill the mixture: This is the perfect make-ahead recipe. Whip it up the night before or morning of your event so it has time to chill.
- Don’t over mix: Add ingredients and stir just until combined. Over mixing can cause the fluff to become watery and prevent it from setting properly.
- Garnish before serving: If you plan to add garnish to the top of the cherry mixture, wait until ready to serve to add.
Variations To Recipe
- Try a different pudding flavor like cheesecake.
- Make homemade stabilized whipped cream instead of Cool Whip.
- Add in other fruit like maraschino cherries or diced grapes.
- Top with some slivered almonds for a crunch to the fruity dessert salad.
- Add in 1/2 cup cream cheese or cottage cheese for added texture.
- Use other pie fillings to try different flavors.
This easy recipe makes a great side dish and you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Be sure to stir it again before eating.
I do not recommend freezing this fluff salad.
Print the Recipe
Cherry fluff salad has been a family favorite for ages and is found in many old cookbooks. You will love this simple recipe!
Cherry Fluff Salad
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple do not drain
- 8 ounce tub Cool Whip
- 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 ½ cups shredded coconut
- In a large mixing bowl, combine together the instant vanilla pudding powder and crushed pineapple with the juice. Mix it together until fully incorporated and the mixture has thickened.
- Add the Cool Whip and fold it in with a rubber spatula.
- Dump the can of cherry pie filling, shredded coconut, and mini marshmallows to the bowl and stir just until evenly mixed.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours to chill and thicken.
- When ready to serve, top with additional nuts, coconut shreds and cherries if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.