Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Veggie Bars
on Apr 26, 2023, Updated Feb 09, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I recently polled readers about favorite summer foods and by and large, fresh fruits and veggies were the highlights of the season. These cream cheese veggie bars layers those fresh vegetables onto a cream cheese mixture spread over perfectly baked crescent dough.
They are savory and creamy with a little crunch. Not to mention super easy to make and delicious!
What I Love About Cream Cheese Veggie Bars
- Fresh veggies
- Savory snack
- Make ahead recipe
- Great for sharing
- Easy appetizer
This crescent roll veggie bars recipe (or veggie pizza) only calls for a few basic ingredients.
I’ll share this recipe below but you can definitely make some swaps for your favorites.
Here’s what you need:
- Refrigerated crescent dough
- Cream cheese
- Powdered Ranch dressing mix
- Grated broccoli
- Grated carrots
- Chopped red bell pepper
- Chopped yellow bell pepper
- Chives or green onions
- Swap the broccoli for cauliflower or shaved Brussells sprouts
- Use sour cream or Greek yogurt instead of mayo
- Top with some shredded cheddar cheese
- Add some black olives on top
- Try the recipe with pizza dough or puff pastry
How to Make Ranch Veggie Bars
Make this tasty snack for a party appetizer or as a tasty snack. You will love the combination of flavors!
To start, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Take the crescent roll dough out of its packaging and unravel both rolls onto a baking sheet. Push the seams together so it forms one layer and fills up the space fitting pieces together as needed. Then prick holes in the dough with a fork so air bubbles do not form while baking.
Bake the dough for about 10 minutes, then set it aside to cool.
While the crust is baking, grate the broccoli and carrots and chop the peppers. Then toss them all together in a small bowl and set aside.
Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, and Ranch dressing together in large mixing bowl or stand mixer and cream them together.
Spread an even layer of the cream cheese mixture onto the cooled crust using a rubber spatula.
Top the cream cheese spread with prepared raw vegetables and chives.
Cover the veggie pizza sheet with plastic wrap and allow it to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Use a pizza cutter to slice into squares and garnish parsley flakes if desired.
Place any leftover cream cheese veggie bars in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Print the Recipe
Add this must have to your easy recipes for summer. I hope you love it!
Cream Cheese Veggie Bars
- 2 pkg refrigerated crescent rolls, 8 oz tubes
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pkg Ranch dressing mix, dry
- 1/2 cup broccoli, grated
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Take the crescent roll dough out of its packaging and unravel both rolls onto a cookie sheet. Push the seams together so it forms one layer. Then prick the crescent roll dough with a fork so air bubbles do not form while baking.
- Prepare and chop the vegetables as described in the ingredients list.
- Bake the dough for about 10 minutes, then set it aside to cool.
- Add the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, and Ranch dressing mix to a stand mixer bowl and cream them together.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread an even layer of the mixture onto the cooled crescent roll dough.
- Top the cream cheese layer with the grated broccoli, grated carrots, chopped bell peppers, and sliced chives.
- Cover the veggie pizza sheet with plastic wrap and allow it to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice into squares and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.