Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Acorn Cookies
on Dec 18, 2013, Updated Jun 01, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Here’s another deliciously cute snack idea to make with the kids this fall. Peanut butter and chocolate acorn cookies are crunchy, sweet, and so good you’ll want to eat them as fast as you make them!
With only 4 ingredients, you and your kids can make an afternoon of making and eating these cute little bite size desserts.
If you are looking for an easy and delicious snack to make with your kids for Christmas or any other time of year, here you go! I loved making these with my boys when they were younger.
For another tasty no-bake dessert, try chocolate peanut butter Rice Krispie Treats.
What to Buy
To create this no bake dessert grab your supplies, a butter knife and a plate. Then, get to work!
Items you will need:
- Nutter Butters (mini size)
- Hershey Kisses
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut Butter
How to Make Chocolate Acorns
To make your Nutter Butter acorn cookies, we’ll start by separating the mini cookies with a little twist. Lay the cookie pieces on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Then, unwrap your chocolate Hershey’s kisses.
Take a small amount of peanut butter and add it to the inside of a cookie. Gently press the cookie onto the flat side of each kiss. Repeat.
Add a scoop of peanut butter to a small plastic bag or piping bag and cut a small hole in one corner.
Squeeze a dot of peanut butter onto the top of the cookie and attach one of the chocolate chips by gently pressing it onto the cookie.
The end result is a bowl full of festive fall treats that will look adorable on your Thanksgiving dessert table!
Acorn Cookie Variations
This simple recipe can be made in a variety of ways. For instance, if you don’t want to use peanut butter, swap it for chocolate frosting.
Mini Nilla Wafers or Golden Oreos would make a good substitute for the Nutter Butters. And if you want a different look, try a butterscotch chip or peanut butter chips on top for the stem of the acorn.
You can also dip the kisses in melted chocolate and then cover with sprinkles if you really want to go all out.
These simple acorn cookies will go fast and make the perfect addition to a fall celebration.
That said, if you do end up with leftovers, store them at room temperature in an airtight container. Enjoy!
How to Make Acorn Cookies
- Butter Knife
- Piping Bag
- Bowl or Airtight container
- Nutter Butter Bites, these are essentially mini Nutter Butter cookies
- Hershey Kisses
- Semisweet Chocolate chips
- Peanut Butter
- Start by separating the mini cookies with a little twist. Lay the cookie pieces on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Then, unwrap your chocolate Hershey's kisses and add them to a small bowl.
- Spread a small amount of peanut butter on the inside of a cookie. Gently press the cookie onto the flat side of each kiss. Repeat.
- Add a scoop of peanut butter to a plastic bag or piping bag and cut a small hole in one corner.
- Squeeze a dot of peanut butter onto the top of the cookie and attach one of the chocolate chips by gently pressing it onto the cookie.
- Repeat until you have created the desired amount of acorn cookies.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.