Easy Brownies with Irish Cream Frosting
on Mar 02, 2022, Updated Feb 15, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Irish Cream Frosting is easy to whip up and add to your favorite St. Patrick’s Day brownies or cookies. If you tend to make desserts just to get the frosting, this easy recipe idea is for you.
You can make Irish cream frosting with or without alcohol for a smooth and creamy addition to your favorite sweet treat. You can make this vanilla buttercream frosting from scratch or get a little boost from store-bought ingredients.
If you’re a fan of cooking and baking with alcohol, I have some other great St. Patrick’s Day Cocktails that you just might love!
No matter if you’re looking for a topping for chocolate cake, coffee cupcakes, or even homemade brownies, this simple frosting recipe will have you literally licking the spoon.
Since you can use this frosting for just about anything, why wait? It’s a fast and easy sweet treat that has a hint of Baileys Irish Cream.
If you’re looking for some boozy vanilla cupcakes or some “adult-only” chocolate cupcakes, it’s time to make this delicious frosting!
Ingredient Shopping List
Since you can ultimately pair this with any dessert that you want, shopping for the simple ingredients listed below is a breeze. This will take your brownies to the next level!
- Chocolate brownie mix + oil & eggs
- Baileys Irish Cream or Irish cream coffee creamer for a non alcoholic version
- Dark chocolate frosting (you can buy this or make a quick chocolate buttercream)
- Vanilla frosting
- St Patrick’s themed sprinkles
How To Make Easy Irish Cream Frosting
You’re going to love how easy this Irish Cream buttercream frosting is! It’s a simple frosting that uses Irish Cream liqueur and takes any dessert from good to GREAT!
First, mix brownies per package instructions but use Bailey’s or Coffee creamer instead of water.
Bake and let cool completely.
Then, mix dark chocolate frosting with 2 Tbsp Irish cream and spread over the top of the brownies.
Chill in the refrigerator, then cut into bite-size pieces.
For the topping, mix together one cup vanilla frosting with 1Tbsp Irish Cream and spoon into a piping bag.
Pipe a small dab of vanilla frosting/irish cream mixture in the center of each piece and sprinkle on themed decoration. Ours is St.Patty’s Day of course!
How to store frosted desserts
Make sure that you store desserts in an airtight container to keep them as fresh as possible for as long as possible.
You’re going to want to keep the air out so that they don’t dry out. This is true whether you’ve frosted the desserts or not.
Can you freeze desserts with frosting?
You can! Just add them to the freezer like you would if they didn’t have frosting and save them for later.
If you’re worried about the frosting, you can easily make it fresh once the dessert is unthawed and add it to the top.
Tips and Tricks
- Keep in mind that this frosting recipe is so simple to make that you can easily make up one with alcohol and one without – so everyone can enjoy!
- If you want to make your frosting a bit thicker, just add in some powdered sugar.
- You can make the frosting ahead of time and have it saved and waiting in the fridge. This would be great for prepping desserts to have it handy earlier.
- If you think that the frosting is too thick, you can always add a tad bit of coconut oil (liquid form) to the mix. And I mean a small amount. Stir it in and see if that helps to thin it out!
Print the Recipe
If you’re ready to try a new and improved frosting recipe, it’s time to make this Irish Cream Frosting!
It’s perfect for Saint Patty’s day or just a great way to get some of the Irish cream flavor into your tummy as a sweet treat!
Chocolate Brownies with Irish Cream Frosting
- 1 box dark chocolate brownie mix + oil & eggs per instructions (eliminate water)
- 3 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream or Irish cream coffee creamer for a non alcoholic version to replace the water
- Dark chocolate frosting + 2 TBSP Baileys or coffee creamer
- 1 cup vanilla frosting + 1 tablespoon Irish cream mixed, in piping bag with desired deco tip
- St Patrick's themed sprinkles
- Mix brownies per package instructions but use Bailey's or Coffee creamer instead of water
- Bake and let cool completely
- Mix dark chocolate frosting with 2 Tbsp Irish cream and spread over the top of the brownies
- Chill in refrigerator then cut into bite size pieces
- Mix together one cup vanilla frosting with 1Tbsp Irish Cream and spoon into a piping bag
- Pipe a small dab of vanilla frosting/irish cream mixture in the center of each piece
- Sprinkle on themed decoration Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.