Make these easy snickerdoodle cake mix cookies in just a few minutes using just four main ingredients!
Roll the dough in a cinnamon sugar coating and bake for an easy dessert that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Easy snickerdoodle cookies are quick to make and go great in a gift box for the holidays along with other options like Nutter Butter Reindeer Cookies or Festive Holiday Sugar Cookie Blossoms.
Bring them to work or add a couple to kids’ lunches for a Christmas surprise!
What I Love
- Favorite cookie
- Easy recipe
- Great for parties
- Kids can help
To make this cake mix cookie recipe, you just need a few simple ingredients and you probably already have them.
Here’s what you need to buy:
- White box cake mix
- Butter, melted
- Pure vanilla extract
- Granulated sugar
How to Make Them
To make this cake mix version of snickerdoodles, start by lining a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Heat oven to 350°F and gather your ingredients.
On a shallow plate or small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine boxed cake mix, melted butter, egg, and vanilla. Stir until well combined and be careful not to over mix.
Use a spoon or cookie scoop to shape dough into 1-inch balls.
Roll cookie dough balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture until well coated.
Place cookies 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Leave them as is or gently use the bottom of a glass to flatten the cookies before baking.
Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, until the bottoms begin to turn golden brown.
Cool cookies on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool to room temperature. This will help ensure they do not overbake.
Dust cookies with a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired and serve.
These delicious cookies can be stored on the counter in an airtight container for 2-5 days.
Print the Recipe Card
This cake mix snickerdoodles recipe a quick and easy treat that both kids and adults will love.
Add them to a tray full of different kinds of cookies for a holiday party or Christmas day. Enjoy!
Cake Mix Snickerdoodles
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 1 box of white cake mix 15.25 ounce size
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- On a shallow plate or small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine white cake mix, melted butter, egg, and vanilla. Whisk and then fold the dough, until well combined.
- Use a 1 inch cookie scoop to form cookies into balls.
- Roll each cookie in the cinnamon sugar mixture until well coated.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on lined cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, until the bottoms begin to turn golden brown.
- Cool cookies on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.