Snickerdoodle Cake Mix Cookies
on Dec 12, 2022, Updated Mar 29, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Make these easy snickerdoodle cake mix cookies in just a few minutes using just four main ingredients!
Roll the dough in a cinnamon sugar coating and bake for an easy dessert that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Bring them to work or add a couple to kids’ lunches for a Christmas surprise!
What I Love
- Favorite cookie
- Easy recipe
- Great for parties
- Kids can help
To make this cake mix cookie recipe, you just need a few simple ingredients and you probably already have them.
Here’s what you need to buy:
- White box cake mix
- Butter, melted
- Pure vanilla extract
- Granulated sugar
How to Make Them
To make this cake mix version of snickerdoodles, start by lining a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Heat oven to 350°F and gather your ingredients.
On a shallow plate or small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine boxed cake mix, melted butter, egg, and vanilla. Stir until well combined and be careful not to over mix.
Use a spoon or cookie scoop to shape dough into 1-inch balls.
Roll cookie dough balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture until well coated.
Place cookies 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Leave them as is or gently use the bottom of a glass to flatten the cookies before baking.
Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, until the bottoms begin to turn golden brown.
Cool cookies on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool to room temperature. This will help ensure they do not overbake.
Dust cookies with a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired and serve.
These delicious cookies can be stored on the counter in an airtight container for 2-5 days.
Print the Recipe Card
This cake mix snickerdoodles recipe a quick and easy treat that both kids and adults will love.
Add them to a tray full of different kinds of cookies for a holiday party or Christmas day. Enjoy!
Cake Mix Snickerdoodles
- 1 box of white cake mix, 15.25 ounce size
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- On a shallow plate or small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine white cake mix, melted butter, egg, and vanilla. Whisk and then fold the dough, until well combined.
- Use a 1 inch cookie scoop to form cookies into balls.
- Roll each cookie in the cinnamon sugar mixture until well coated.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on lined cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, until the bottoms begin to turn golden brown.
- Cool cookies on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.