Satisfy your sweet tooth and with this healthier and gluten-free brownie recipe. Try avocado brownies next time you bake and enjoy!
I’m a huge fan of brownies. Warm brownies, cooled brownies, brownies plain, brownies with ice cream, you name it.
But did you know you can make a healthier version of this classic treat by swapping a few ingredients?
Make Avocado Brownies with a Few New Ingredients
With this recipe, you will swap a few traditional ingredients for some healthier options for an easy and quick dessert!
To make these brownies, you will need:
- One avocado
- Coconut Oil
- Cocoa powder
- Almond flour
- baking soda
- dark chocolate chips
Are Avocado Brownies Keto Friendly?
They can be!
To turn these into Keto brownies, all you need to do is use granulated Swerve instead of sugar (1:1 swap) and omit the dark chocolate chips.
For even more flavor, replace the chocolate chips with raspberries!
How to make Avocado Brownies
A food processor is recommended to really combine everything, but a mixer will also work if that is what you have.
Start by processing the avocado and other wet ingredients.
Then combine and add the dry ingredients until mixed.
When you add the chocolate chips, be sure to save about half of them to add once your brownie batter is in the pan.
Who can say no to that gooey top layer of melty chocolate?
You can eat these avocado brownies right out of the oven or let them chill for a few hours and set.
I really don’t think there is a wrong answer here.
Avocado Brownies Recipe Instructions
If you are looking for a tasty option for a gluten free dessert, I hope you love these!
For more recipes, check out some of my favorites below:
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar (or honey) (for Keto - replace with 1/3 cup granulated Swerve)
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (omit for Keto)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x9 baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Add 1 avocado, eggs, sugar, coconut oil and vanilla in a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Add cocoa powder, almond flour, baking soda, and salt into the food processor and blend until there are no dry spots and everything is well combined.
- Remove the blade from the processor, and fold in half of the dark chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
- Serve and enjoy!
**NOTE: while you can eat these warm, some think they taste SO much better once they have been chilled a few hours. Why not try both and let me know?
***Want to make these KETO? Replace sugar with 1/3 cup granulated Swerve and omit the chocolate chips. 3 net carbs per brownie!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 277mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 4gSugar: 12gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is estimated and may vary based on products used. Please verify with your ingredients.