Satisfy your sweet tooth and with this quick and easy avocado brownie recipe. Try fudgy brownies made with ripe avocado next time you bake and enjoy!
I’m a huge fan of brownies. Warm brownies, cooled brownies, brownies plain, brownie bites, brownies with ice cream, you name it.
But did you know you can make a healthier version of this classic treat by swapping a few ingredients? Using healthy fats like avocado is such an easy way to enjoy this sweet treat.
And if you want to make Keto avocado brownies, just swap out the sugar! Easy peasy. You will love the chocolate flavor of this healthy brownie recipe.
Well as healthy as brownies can be anyway!
Make Avocado Brownies with Simple Ingredients
With this recipe, you will swap a few ingredients from traditional brownies with some healthier options.
Add these items to your shopping list:
- One avocado – healthy fat never tasted so good!
- Sugar (or Swerve Sugar for keto brownies)
- Coconut Oil
- Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- Almond flour
- Baking soda
- Dark chocolate chips (leave out for low carb)
Are Avocado Brownies Keto Friendly?
They can be! This version calls for many ingredients that are both gluten free and low carb.
To turn this recipe into a low carb delight, all you need to do is use a keto sweetener like granulated Swerve instead of sugar (1:1 swap) and omit the dark chocolate chips.
For even more flavor, replace the chocolate chips with raspberries!
How to make Avocado Brownies
A food processor is recommended to really combine everything, but a mixer will also work if that is what you have.
To begin, mash avocado and add to the other wet ingredients in a large bowl and process or mix.
Then in a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients together.
Add the dry ingredients to the avocado mixture and mix until well blended.
Whether you add chocolate chips or raspberries, be sure to save about half of them to add once your brownie batter is in the pan.
Fold in half of the mix ins with a rubber spatula.
Then, pour batter into a square pan lined with parchment paper or sprayed with cooking oil spray.
Gently press the additional chocolate chips on top of the brownie mixture and bake.
Who can say no to that gooey top layer of melted chocolate?
You can eat these healthy avocado brownies right out of the oven or let them chill for a few hours and set to really get a nice fudgy texture.
I really don’t think there is a wrong answer here.
Print the Recipe:
If you are looking for a tasty dessert with some healthier ingredients, try these out and let me know what you think!
For more recipes, check out some of my favorites below:
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar or honey (for Keto – replace with 1/3 cup granulated Swerve)
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips omit for Keto
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×9 baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Add 1 avocado, eggs, sugar, coconut oil and vanilla in a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Add cocoa powder, almond flour, baking soda, and salt into the food processor and blend until there are no dry spots and everything is well combined.
- Remove the blade from the processor, and fold in half of the dark chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
- Serve and enjoy!